Price in quote is lower than nighlt price I posted?

Bill8
Level 2
Austin, TX

Price in quote is lower than nighlt price I posted?

For Mar 25 to Apr 1st the price in my listing is $250 USD per night for 7 nights = $1750.00 USD. I just received a quote inquiry for $183 USD per night = $1281.00 USD.

I checked the listing and the nightly rate is $250.00.

There are 0% discounts for weekly rate.

What is the problem with the lower quote?

Bill 

19 Replies 19
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

That is interesting @Bill8 because I just looked at your listing and it shows $150 USD per night during the dates you provided.  Have you checked you calendar prices?  Have you check the "custom price for a specific week or month." section as well?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi @Dave-and-Deb0, Thanks for your reply.

When I log in to my calender the nightly rates for Mar 25 to Mar 31 are $250 USD and $150 for Apr 1, 2016,.

When I go to my listing and select Pricing - the base price is $150 night USD and when I click set Custon price for Calender link it takes me to the calender and the price is $250.00 USD same as above.

The inquiry price should be the one for the specific dates listed in the calender. ie $250.00 USD not the Base price of $150 USD. The inquiry quote os $183 is not $250 or $150 so even more confusing.

Could you enter the dates arrive Mar 25 and depart Apr 1 and see if you come up with $150, $183 or $250? And let me know?

This is $250 - $183 = $67 per night and $469 USD less than it should be before all the fees.

What am i missing?

Bill 

Hi @Bill8,

You probably won't like this but this is what I get for a week at your place with the Airbnb fee added in.

bill2.png

I will try to add things to check out but it won't be for another 30 minutes or so.  May I suggest you turn off Instant Book until you get this figured out.  You cannot cancel Instant Book without penalty if it is a pricing issue so I would turn it off.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Can you get a quote for Mar 25, 2016 to Apr 1, 2016 and see what comes up?

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Hi @Bill8,

bill2.png

Dave

David

@Bill8,

You should delete your email.

David

How?

Hi @Bill8,

Unfortunately you only have 45 minutes to edit your post.  @Lizzie, can you please remove the email?

I sent you a quick email and will try to help you over Google Hangouts if you want to give that a try.

Cheers

Dave

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Bill8,

Lovely to meet you. Just to say as @Dave-and-Deb0 suggested I have removed your email address, this is for safety reasons as your post is publically visible. 

Thanks Dave for tagging me. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

I click on hosts photo - then profile - then nothing happens.

Can you assist me?

Many thanks

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Isabelle3,

Thanks for asking about this, I have seen that Dave has kindly answered you on another post about this. Is this now working for you? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I sent an email to airbnb contact and have not heard back from them via email. How ;omg is the response time usually? 6 days?

Hi @Bill8,

I am not aware of a way to reach Airbnb through email. Have you looked at this post on contacting Airbnb?

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I tried to connect with you through Google Hangouts to try and help but you have not accepted my request.  Hopefully Airbnb CX can help you.

Dave

David

Cristina39
Level 1
State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Bill, 
It happened to me as well. 

What did you understand from all that? Because when I go to my calendar (was 42) and now I have 45 per night in January 2017, but I had a request for U$ 36 per night!!! That is too low for my place, i coudn't take it. I just had it set in the special offer. Do you think I did it right? Or I still have to go through it with the person who requested?

Regards,

Cris