Price keeps changing on its own? help... It looks so unprofessional to have a fluctuating price...

Darla2
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

Price keeps changing on its own? help... It looks so unprofessional to have a fluctuating price...

Hi there

When I check my listing the price keeps changing when i refresh my browser or open a new browser. Why is this happening and how can i change it? It looks so unprofessional :0/ eeek

Thank You.

44 Replies 44
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Darla2,

Are you adding dates when you check on your price?  I took a look at your listing and on the calendar, it shows $275 per night every night.  If you put in dates, it will show the average price per night with the cleaning fee added in.  For example, if I look for 2 nights, it would be $275 X 2 = $550 + $125 cleaning fee = $675 divided by the 2 nights = $338 per night.  If I booked for 5 nights, it would be $300.  If you want your price to be exaclty the same, you would need to get rid of your cleaning fee.

I hope this clears things up for you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi 🙂 Thanks for your input. I am not adding dates. I realize the price varies based on the cleaning fee. Great suggestion though.

When I pull up the listing ( as a traveller/ not logged in) it shows $274 a night - when i click on the link to read more it chagnes to $276 a night....it looks to be a glitch in the system. Does anyone know who I can contact via phone? 

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi Darla,

Yes, there is a glitch on the system that sometimes adds a rounded 3% to the price in some listings.

From what you told, this % seems to be much less in your case.

I have contacted support team about this but they haven't fixed it yet. I suggest you do the same.

Cheers,

Flor.

Thank you:) 

Sherry50
Level 1
Mesa, AZ

I'm having the same problem.  I've even had agents go in and set the nightly prices to $250 or so per night, and the next day the prices drop on their own to $160.  I reset the prices on my own the first two or three times, and then finally had agents set the prices for me to be sure I'm doing things right.  Sure enough, even after the agents reset them, they would lower themselves.  Then when I wanted the issue escalated to the software developers, the agents would tell me they couldn't escalate the issue without screenshots to prove the agents were setting the prices correctly!  Argh!

The same thing happens with my listing. I changed the price but every time a guest inquires, the price registers as the original.

Susana94
Level 3
Windsor, United Kingdom

It happens to me as well. Several times. Cleaning fees goes up and even the price of the appartment as I log in. It's very annoying and makes me feel I don't  want to book in this site.

Chantal114
Level 1
New York, NY

I used to manage my mother's airBNB and the same thing would constantly happen. This was almost 2 years ago and I thought it would be better now but I am managing my own listing nowadays and it's still an issue. It's extremely frustrating and I don't understand how it hasn't been resolved yet.

Steven198
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

Likewise. I've been using the map feature and have seen the prices for the same room, same dates, fluctuate from $25 to $35 per night...

Jilly8
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I joined Airbnb in June this year and I can't believe the price adjustments when I have the auto price turned off.  I am really annoyed because Airbnb are discounting my property.  When I first raised the issue, a nice person phoned and said she'd look into it. She phoned me back within 5 mins to say it was a technical issue.  Then she phoned me back and suggested i set a higher rate and when customers book I reduce the price to my fee so it looks like I'm doing a favour.  I don't believe in discounting because my place is really good value.  

Can anyone shed any light?  thanks

J

Coleton0
Level 1
Texas, United States

The constant price changes make planning trips so difficult. I found a place that was $12 per night. (Yes. $12.00)  A day later I log in and it’s $115... then I refresh the page and it’s $158.00... 

ugh. -_-

@Coleton0 could you provide a link to the listing that this is happening with?

Now it’s showing $96.00 but it’s mostly booked up at this point. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20015004?location=Kyoto%2C%20Kyoto%20Prefecture%2C%20Japan&s=qeHkpmyZ

Mara131
Level 1
Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA

I was just looking at prices for places in Barcelona. Each time I try to look at prices for a place, it says a really low price (e.g. "from $32 per night) but when I try to enter dates the price goes up to $115. I try it again and it's $158. I have used airbnb so many times, and I hope this is a glitch bc you just cannot plan anything like this. It also seems like a waste of my time to even be on the site at all if the prices are so absolutely wonky.