Price setting

Cate20
Level 2
Bury St Edmunds, GB

Price setting

Hi All I'm a new host. When I set up my prices for a room in my house on the calendar, I raised the price over four days next month to take into account a big event in the town where I live. I raised it from 40 - 60 pounds. for the duration. I quickly received a booking for two nights during this period at 50 pounds? I do not feel that I can challenge this fee with my guests if the cost had been reduced by AirB&B? Is this usual. oh btw I did turn on the custom pricing option and saved it! Anyone able to shed any light on this? Cate
9 Replies 9
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Cate20 You are not the only host who has mentioned here in the community center Airbnb system overriding the prices set manually - I guess it is what happened in your case. So it means that there is a bug and Airbnb should improve it. In fact, you might write directly to them. Personally, I have never suffered from it. Even now I am already booked for New Year's Eve, the prices were custom-set and the reservation is for the correct quote.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks for this info Marzena. could yuo point me in the direction of where I can contact them over this as I'm new to this it takes ages to work your way through all the  information?

Thanks

Cate

Todd-and-Beth0
Level 3
Las Cruces, NM

Could it be that they booked two nights that spanned your old and new price? In other words, a day at 40 and a day at 60 is 100 which averages to 50 for each day. 

Yes thats possible but very confusing!

Yes! Confirmed reservation averaged pricing is confusing. Impossible to know what rates were charged & what discounts were applied. I have an open support ticket open about this very thing. Hosts need to know what rates were booked on what days and what discounts were applied. This is reasonable info to provide. I currently have a 12 day reservation where everything has been averaged out. Very confusing. 

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

@Cate20 - is it possible that as a new host there was a first guest discount applied?  I've read about I want to say 10% discount.  I don't remember exactly.  I looked at your calendar, and it shows the dates after the two already booked at $81 USD per day.  Which seems to be equal to £60?  

**[Post moved from duplicate thread]

Hi @Willow3

thanks for replying. The email I was sent from ABB said that it was two nights at 50 pounds sterling. I had set the original price to sixty which is why I was queirying it?

Cate

**[Post moved from duplicate thread]

Spring2
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

I am super frustrated with this price setting as well. I set the suite for $90 and turned off "smart pricing", but it still shows $60 per night on the listing when people try to book. Which airb&b email address could I use to write them about this? Thanks!

@Spring2 I would never recommend email as an abb communication method. 

Twitter or a phone call