Price tips too good to be true?

Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

Price tips too good to be true?

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 4.52.31 pm.jpg

Hello all.

I am trying to get my head around a price tip Airbnb have offered.

I have attached a screen shot of one of my listing calendars. As you can see, the price for the night is $85. If you scroll up and look at the light bulb tip on the right hand side, you will see the tip that people had looked at my listing for this date but booked elsewhere for $81 less. So someone scored accomodation on Airbnb for just $4 per night? I don't see how this even possible. The system won't even let me offer a price that low.

A lot of the new revisions and info are really good, but this just seems wrong to me. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers

20 Replies 20

You are a genius! 

@Sion2wrote:

You are a genius! 

Not even close. But thanks anyway 🙂  

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I get them all the time and was intigued enough to search for these mythical places, they do not exist, the numbers are made up and have no reality behind them.

David
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Brett3 I think the little tiny man that lives behind the Price Tip box has short-circuited. Maybe too many drugs or too much booze, or maybe he just finally cracked under the stress. Ignore.

Gerald-And-Eva0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Very clever 

Catherine827
Level 10
Northern Territory, Australia

@Brett3, the best advise you can receive, is to not read the computer generated price tips. They are often very silly, and extremely uneconomic! You would work for nothing, and pay extra for the power and water the guest’s use.

If you want to be a charity, okay..... but otherwise just choose one and donate. Other then that, know your market. Check the prices of others in the area and also know your calendar of events for your area. Price you space to the best of your ability by this method. If too low, you’ll not be taken seriously, including your house rules by guests. If too high, they’ll expect five star hotel treatment and review you against it.

You are the expert of your space, trust your gut! 

🙂

Cathie