Pricing and listing for multiple rooms and guests

Bob-and-Marion0
Level 2
Tauranga, New Zealand

Pricing and listing for multiple rooms and guests

We have two issues that do not work to our satisfaction:

1. We have had a few times now 2 people staying but not wanting to share the same room. By using two rooms, we need to get the full rate for each room, but AIRBNB doesn't allow that. If we select the option of e.g. $45 after one guest, it works out too expensive in case a couple want to book the same room. If we choose e.g. $45 after 2 guests, it is too cheap if we get two people wanting two rooms. Does AIRBNB not have the option for a guest to book one or multiple rooms and/or number of people and therefore for the host to set the price more specific per room and per person? For example:

Do you want to book: 1 room for 1 person = $80

1 room for 2 people = $100

2 rooms for 2 people = $160

3 rooms for 3 people = $240

etc.

2. The other issue we have is that, when someone books for less than the 5 people we can accommodate, lets say, only for two people, our listing for potentially three more people is no longer displayed. We don't want to make separate listings as this would not show the option of being able to host 5 people at the same time. However, we can easily accommodate two completely independent parties, as we have two private bathrooms. Does AIRBNB not allow for that scenario?

Any advice would be very welcome. More so, we would appreciate a comment from AIRBNB as to weather this might be addressed.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Bob-and-Marion0 You must create a separate listing for each room that might be rented independently, and then a listing for the entire place, or rather like in your case, two more listings that would contain 2 rooms each with properly synced calendars for the whole bunch. Unfortunately, Airbnb has not yet devised any other smarter option for that.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks Marzena, I appreciate your reply. I thought that is the case. I think AIRBNB needs to address this. It seems to work in favour for the guest, but not so much for the host.

@Bob-and-Marion0

Actually, you should have 3 listings with calenders in sync so that if one of rooms is booked then the listing for both rooms is blocked and vice versa.

Room #1 

Room #2

Room #1&2

For the separate rooms, I would charge the same amount whether there is 1 guest or 2 because it will be more or less the same amount of cleaning and laundry, with an additional person fee if there is a 3rd (in the same room). For these 2 listings you would have to include that a different group/guest may book the other room and clarify that each room has it's own private bath but other areas (entrance or kitchen?) are shared. 

And for Room #1&2 a flat rate for up to 4 guests, and additional per person fee for 5th or 6th person. 

Also within the listing description, it will help if you include a link to the other listings, and make sure you have pics of ONLY the rooms and places the guest will have access to. Hope this helps!

Good luck~

Thank you so much for your help and possible solution to the proplem. With the option to synchronize the calendars that is quite feasable. Will definitely look into it. Thanks again.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Bob-and-Marion0

1. listing - 1 room, price for 1 guest + additional fee for second guest

2. listing - same as above

3. listing - 2 rooms, price for 2 guests + additional fee for each guest after 2

we have similar situation: 2 bedrooms apartment for up to 6 people + studio for 2 people + both apartments as one for up to 8 people

Thank you for your suggestions and help. It seems the only satisfactory option to do separate listings with synchronized calendars. Will look into it. Thanks again!

yes difinitely seperate your listings, I also havetwo listings and I keep them seperate eventhough they are in the same building.

Weisbrod0
Level 2
New York, United States

I have a huge 3 bedrooms apartment, bathroom and kitchen, I have received multiple adds from ABNB to reduce my price of $50.00 per room per night that sleeps 2 people, so six people can occupy the whole place for $200.00 per night. I live in NYC where cost of living is verty high, my sheets and towels are not cheap, I make sure I buy  the best, water bill, electric bill, cooking gas, and in the summer time they keep on the A/C all day all night, I would be crazy to reduce the price, because I would actualy be paying the bills for the guests to stay. The guest takes with them what ever they can find sometimes. I have a very high rating because the place is always clean and smelling good. I only allowed a group of friends, or people from the same family to share the place per visit as long as its six people, sometimes they have family members that stays with them during their stay. Does anyone feel the same way about this, or I am just crazy. 

jean ****

Hi Jean,

Did you ever receive a reply for your query? i am in the same situation. Thanks for any tip you may have