Pricing per person

Kurt6
Level 1
Gleinstätten, Austria

Pricing per person

Hi there, I am a first time host and trying to find our if one can set a price per person per night rather than fixed per night ?

Appreciate any help.

tks Kurt

33 Replies 33
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi @Kurt6

Unfortunately you cannot set price per person. 

Kurt6
Level 1
Gleinstätten, Austria

tks Shadley for quick response. Just returned from your beautiful country

As an Airbnb guest when I see they owner are renting the per person instead of the unit...I move on.  If you want to eliminate traffic that's a good way to go about it.

Why does AirB&B not have the facility to charge per person per night. Our units have 2 bedrooms and we therefore charge per person as we often only between 1-3 people staying. One cannot charge 2 people  for 4 beds - you would never get any guests. Marion

Sure you can. Just set the price per night for one person, and charge the same for each additional person. 

Dear Shadley:

I operate similar to a hostel, in that I have four bunk beds that sleep a total of eight persons. Normally we receive guests that are single; however sometimes we get couples, and a few families who stay with us. Consequently, I need to price per person per bed - not per person per room, and not per person per house. I set up my pricing on Airbnb as follows: Price per night: $50 for one person, and I charge the same for each additional person: I put a check mark next to "Additional Guests," and then "For each guest after" I entered "1". When my first guest made a reservation, Airbnb priced it correctly, however my calendar is now "not available" on those dates, with only one guest reserved to stay with us, when we actually have seven more beds to sell on those dates. Is there some way to fix this?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need to list each bunk bed as 'shared room' .
That should give you the option to have 8 listings each with its own calendar

Hi Shadley, we are having the similar issue. We have a villa with four bedrooms so a total of 8 people can stay at the place. I currently have "shared room" selected so people can book for 1-8 persons, which is fine.

However, the calendar is blocked as soon as one person books for himself, even though there is still enough space for 7 people. Is there anyway I can "unblock" a date on the calendar even though there is a booking? Or would you suggest a different setting?

Thx

Ricky63
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

You can set a price per person, you've got to go to pricing settings, and then set the minamum price per night for me that's £8, and then you can add a charge of as much as you want per perosn for each booking!

ZenHomes0
Level 10
Singapore

@Kurt6 @Marion33 You can go under pricing on the left side of your listing management view, then under "additional pricing" you can choose how much you want to charge per guest per night after how many guests. Choose the amount you want to charge per guest per night, then choose 1. So now, you're charging per guest. Simply set your base rate for 1 person, and set the extra guest charge here.

Screenshot 2016-05-14 11.00.30.png

Hi

I would like to put in prices per person not for additional people!My accommodation can accommodate 1 or 2 people. How do I indicate this on the website! I had put in a base price of R350.00 meaning per person and now I have a booking for 2 people paying R175.00 a night which is ridiculous! And I now have to honour this booking!!!! Disgruntled Host 😞

Jamie591
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Sue,

Did you get your answer? I just encountered this challenge, and found that if I set the base price to what I would charge for 1 person, and then amend the 'Extra charges' section to 'For each guest after 1', and then the amount I want to charge. 

In your case, the base price would be R350.00.

The extra charge would be R350.00, too.

Hope that helps you in 2019 🙂

Jamie

Where is this screen.  I think Air BNB has a new interface.  If I choose the "Price" tab at the top of the page (no sidebar to left) the only options I have are "Base price" and "Currency".  Nothing about a charge for extra people.

Mark570
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same for me , did you manage to solve this issue?