Pricing

Pricing

Hello!

I am not really familiar with AirBnB extranet and I have the following question. I was told that once I want to put a price on a listing there is a way that the price will appear blue to me. When it's blue it means that guests will probably book with that price but when it's not, it means that guests will not book. Could someone advise on how this works?

3 Replies 3
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Iro-S-Boutique-Hotel0

You probably do not have smart pricing (you have 13 listings, I did not check all).

If yopu dont have it, you probably see different colours in the calendar. Airbnb compares your prices with prices in your area, and suggests prices (if you are above or below the average).

Ignore this, charge what you think it is fair.

You can increase / decrease if high / low season

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Iro-S-Boutique-Hotel0 Who explained that to you, perhaps forgot to take into consideration that life is a matter of degrees, not absolutes (aka 0/100 or 1/360, Black/White, etc).

What Airbnb is doing by those colors is letting you know, in a most simple bi-modal way, that once a price turns blue, by their computer logic, it is a price low enough that ~in all likelihood~ your place will get booked. Unfortunately, that price oftentimes is ridiculously too low, as also happens with most of their suggested prices in their 'Smart' Pricing program. 

I would work backwards, and like @Roberta2 suggested, but put slightly another way - charge what you have to have to make your efforts worth it, otherwise why go through the exercise of hosting. Regardless of color.

Thank you so much for your answer. I have put the Smart Procing model in a couple of my listings. However, I didn't see anywhere a blue color. I saw some recomended prices for the minimum and maximum price but once I put the prices I wanted there were no colors. 

So where do I have to set the price in order to see the blue color? The calendar or the settings of the listing?