Primary host receiving all payment and communication

Christina594
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

Primary host receiving all payment and communication

Hi, we are the listing admin for our rental. We added a co host about 3 months ago and made her primary host. Now just recently we are not receiving any new messages or reservation information and all payments are now going to her and her bank account which I thought could never happen because we are the listing admin.

airbnb is saying it is because she is primary host and we need to change it to ourselves if we want to view reservations or get the payments back to our account. But I don’t want to be primary host, and I don’t know why this change occurred all of a sudden. My co host hasn’t changed anything and neither have we.

anyone else with a similar experience or know how to get through to customer service that can actually help? They are just forwarding articles about co hosting and aren’t addressing my actual question.

thanks!

58 Replies 58

this is the material that class actions are made of.   I'm having the same issue.  All funds going to my co-host.

Is your co host actually receiving the funds? CS told me that my co host would get the payment, but she has not.

Dan563
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

I have the same problem.  

New booking email notifications are only going to my “primary” co-host,  On the web page, the “upcoming reservations” are not listed on the upcoming reservations for me the listing owner, I cannot see the details of the bookings.  I cannot communicate with the guests.  The only way I know we might have a new booking to to look at my listing calendar and see that time is blocked.   

It started on December 18th for me.   I contacted Airbnb on the 18th.  I spent more than two hours providing screen shots, and details with the technical support people.   Thier response was to “hope my problem was fixed” and closed it 24 hours later.   A week later, I contacted them again becuase it was not fixed.  Spent another hour on the phone with screen shots and details.   This time they told me that there had been a lot of other complaints about this same problem.   A day later the ticket was closed becuase they had sent the information to the technical people.   I called back a few days later becuase it is still not fixed.   I asked to be transferred to a supervisor.  The first time I was hung up on.  The next call, I was told they were on a call and that I would get a call back.   Guess what, I did not get a call and the problem is still not fixed.  

Are there any competitors to Airbnb?  This has gone on for at least three weeks and if they have not fixed it by now, I can only assume they are in the middle of some internal crisis/meltdown and are on thier way to some kind of corporate implosion.

Nhu-Hoa0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Yes, I'm a co-host (but I have my own listings), and I confirmed that I received payments for the reservations that I co-hosted.

Along with Reviews and Ratings.

To be honest, such Reviews and Ratings are not up to my standard. I'm a superhost with more than one hundred solid 5 stars review and for these two weeks I started to receive 4-stars (for unfixable issues on the listings).

Now getting really frustrated. Anyone tried the remove and re-assign the co-host? Does it work?

I am having this exact same problem.  Airbnb is not handling it well. 

Following, as we are experiencing the same issue.  This just started happening last week unexpectedly.  We didn't change anything on our end.  We've heard it is an Airbnb issue.

I noticed under my name they have level 1, some of you are level 2.  Does anyone know what that means?  Is it the elevation we are at for this issue?  

Sarah-And-Tom0
Level 5
New South Wales, Australia

We are also having the same problem. At first the support team tried to tell me that I need to 'fix' my set-up. Then they eventually conceded that there was a fault (after I sent screenshots showing that I would not get the payout). Finally it seemed that I was getting somewhere and the helpful "case manager" assured me that she would keep me informed. Two days later she closed the case without resolving it. I had to open a new case as the existing one could not be re-opened (how convenient for them). Still no updates or ETA for the fix and no clear path for escalation.

Airbnb clearly does not care about the adverse impacts that these faults have on their hosts and the stress that they cause, especially when this particular fault sends the payout to the wrong person. Over two weeks is simply unacceptable to fix a software fault, or it would be for any other organisation. Then there is the fact that they have not contacted affected hosts to let them know what is going on and when it will be fixed.

So Airbnb - someone is going to stay in our house, we cannot see the booking, we do not receive the communication and we will not receive the money. Do you think this is acceptable? I do not.

Iuliana7
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm listing host and a friend who handles the comunication is primary host. Two weeks ago I started to see just part of the reservations received. Some I saw and some I didn't. The primary co-host saw all reservations.

A week ago I removed the primary host from the acount for aprox one day. Nothing happend, as before couldn't see some of the reservations. So I reactivated the primary cohost because we couldn't comunicate with the guests.

Few days ago I set up an account for my husband and made him co host on my account. Not primary, just co host. This is how I begin seeing all the reservations as from his account I could see all reservation.

Also few days ago I noticed that I'm not receiving payouts for all these reservations I could not see so I opened the 3rd thread with airbnb suport. The first guy I talked to said that I should check with my primary co host, since 2-3 month ago there is a new rule in place which states that all payouts go to the primary co host. I realised this is bull**bleep** as for all of the new reservations, I still received payouts for the rezervations I could see. So I told him this and he redirected me to next level of suport. The next level didn't try to sell me the same bull**bleep**, admited they have a problem but have no ETA for fixing it. But they're doing all their best.

My primary cohost checked and didn't receive the payouts and all the reviews are registered on my account.

Kerstin105
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

Same thing is happening to me.

Today after my 7th call they told me it has nothing to do with primary host status . Before today they claimed it was all about me not being primary host.

Anyway, they are working on this issue and will keep me updated.

I still can't communicate with upcoming guests and payments are going to the property manager.

Sardor0
Level 1
Memphis, TN

Been having the same issue (since December 17). Several thousand dollars already went to my co-hosts default payout method preference (listed as Primary Host and I’m Listing Admin). I didn’t change any co-host settings and it started rerouting payments out of the blue. I think it’s some issues with their database migration.

What Airbnb is saying is bs. It explicitly says that co-hosts (secondary or primary hosts) are not allowed to see or change payout information. 

Dominic46
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

We are having the same issue, we have two properties and we are admins on one property each, and Co-host to the other so we can manage communication together. We have found that after 12/18, all new bookings do not show up on my calendar or messages but the days are blocked on my properties calendar. My partner has not had any payouts at all since 12/18 for his property.

We have called Support multiple times and received the same run-around with promises for a callback with details and so far that has not happened. Lastly, I tried to escalate to the SouthEast Community organizer Elliot Jones who hosted a party for local Superhosts a few months ago, but have not had a response yet (it's only been a few days so he may be out of office). 

I think the only way to make Airbnb pay attention is an organized Twitter thread going, if someone has already started one, please post the link so we can add to the conversation. 

Sarah-And-Tom0
Level 5
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Patty, Thanks for the link. There's nothing like a new CEO to get things moving.  I loved the "canned" Airbnb responses.  They dont want to help, just frustrate you to make the pain worse!

Airbnb Help - its been an Oxymoron in my my experience!  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Boaz7@Christina594@Sarah-And-Tom0@Patty131@Dominic46@Boaz7@Sardor0@Kerstin105@Iuliana7@Mary1327@Graham-and-Jim0@Nhu-Hoa0@Dan563@David3338@Jason239@K9@Lynn292@Silvano29@Taylor163@José308@SleepOver-Brisbane0@Branka-and-Silvia0@Michael1186

Good to meet you. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here.

I have been noticing a few people here in the Community Center (CC) since  the end of December mentioning difficulties, linked with co-hosts, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this.  I want you to know that I have been passing the information shared in the CC back to our Product Team, who are currently looking into this further. 

Thank you to those of you how have also contacted our Support Team and to you all for sharing your feedback here, this information is really helpful.

I hope this will be back to normal for you soon,  please do keep me posted if you can.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.