Privacy

Privacy

Hi,  I have family that also has an airbnb as well, and they like to be nosey.  Is there anyway I could block them from seeing my hosting page with my guestd reviews?

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Anne224. Not really, hosts cannot discriminate according to Airbnb policy.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Simon237
Level 4
Brisbane City, Australia

Hosts are allowed to discriminate, but only in accordance with AirBNB's policy. For example, if you have a shared house, you can request only same gendered people as guests. If you are a vegan or vegeterian, you can insist your guests be the same.

Most importantly if you feel uncomfortable with the booking, you are allowed to decline it (or cancel penality free if it as an instant book).

I'm not discriminating against guests.  It's a family memeber who also is a host for airbnb as well.  And she is constantly looking to see how many people I have booked.  Plus reading my reviews and making judgements and talking to family about my reviews.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

There is no privacy for hosts.

You are a public entity whose business depends on transperancy and marketing reach.

You have 2 choices.

1. Don't host on Airbnb

2. Be proud of what you do and do not care what your family finds out. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Marzena4 @Paul154 does the block feature not work for a profile until someone has communicated with us??

I was curious, so went and looked up the 'how do I block someone' article and yes, it has to come from within the message thread.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

Maybe if you sent your nosy family member an inquiry @Anne224 then maybe you could block them from there?

But the article says once you block someone 'they won't be able to send msg, or reservation request' but it doesn't say that they won't be able to see your listing...

To my knowledge, @Kelly149, there is no way to hide your profile from anyone.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

If you are of age and have responsibility of your own there's nothing family can said we yes we all have hard times so don't worry as long you are responsible and safety first and you take care of your bills no one can said any thing just think what's best for you and remember you can't please everyone as will as guest