Should I list as as a Private Entrance?

Wendy580
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Should I list as as a Private Entrance?

Hi there, new to hosting. 

Contacted AirBNB about how to list my home.

My place:

I give building keys and my condo door has a SmartLock. Guests have their own office, bed, Bath, and laundry which are all the first rooms upon entering.  

Then shared rooms (kitchen, dining, livingroom, deck).

And off those is my bed & en-suite.

There’s a room divider so if they stay in their private areas they never have to see me. Also, locks on bed & bath. 

The question is... for being listed as a work rental it needs a private entrance. I don’t use the entrance often, but it is in their area. I don’t enter their bed/bath hallway, but walk between that and the office desk to get to the door. 

AirBNB told me to list as a private entrance because they can come and go as they please and i can’t see when/if they do. But I’m worried about it affecting my reviews. 

Did I misunderstand about a private entrance being necessary for business guests? What do I do? Any help appreciated. 

Thank you

-Wendy

6 Replies 6
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I think ABB have given you bad advice.

IMO it is only a private entrance if you NEVER use it. If that is the door that you walk thru to enter the home then it is not a private entrance.

btw, I don't find that the business filter at all effects my listing

good luck

Thank you Kelly, 

I definitely agree and have NOT listed it as a private entrance. It just didn’t seem right to. Plus, I don’t want the confusion or bad reviews. 

Corry3
Level 1
Bentley, Canada

I agree! 

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

The word condo is ominous - I would check with homeowners group that Airbnb is allowed 😞

Most prohibit it due to security, noise, liability and insurance issues (it's very unlikely their building policy would cover a loss from STR)

Yup. Need to be careful 

I own it and i checked with them. Thank you