Pro Host being the listing host

Jonathan1407
Level 2
Issaquah, WA

Pro Host being the listing host

Hi,

I wanted to ask the community. I would like to put my home up on airbnb, and I have never done this before. I would like to use the services of a property manager. I spoke to one and the conversation was good. However, they wanted to be the only host - not a co-host or part of the hosting team. Is this right?

The way I would be paid out is that I would give him my bank account information and he would put it on his account.

How do I know this or any property manager are legitimate? Is there a way to see if they are signed up as a pro host? What's the best way to select an airbnb property manager?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jonathan1407 

I personally would not give a property manager some much power like acting as he/she is owning the listing.

You can initially setup the listing yourself and add the property manager as member of the team:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/970/what-is-a-hosting-team

Assuming the property manager has more listings under his control on Airbnb, you can have a look at the account and see reviews etc..

Best regards,

Emiel 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would never work with a property manager that wanted to exclude an owner from their own listing. Outrageous.

I would advise you to find a local co-host who’s a super host with a good few years experience under their belt.  Make sure you take up references and have a contract.

you can set up the listing and add them as a co-host.

good luck @Jonathan1407 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jonathan1407  Just do it yourself.  If you're organized, it's not that hard.  As you get more bookings you can interview co-hosts again, and with experience of how Airbnb works for your property it will be easier for you to choose a good one.