Problem collecting payment

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Problem collecting payment

I only see this issue once in a blue moon but when I do its never good. Most recently a guest wanted to extend so i sent them an alteration request.  They approve the request,  airbnb approves their stay but the host is sent an email staying theres a problem collecting payment  WTF! Then they have the nerve to state airbnb isnt liable if host doesnt get paid and the guest doesnt figure out how to resolve the issue. I found my upcoming transactions and theres a processing payment from 2016 and another from last year totaling $73. Airbnb made  $2.3billion dollars last year. Why cant they payout hosts correctly?

If a guest at a hotel wanted to extend and their credit card declined they are locked out their suite and the bags are thrown out for good measure. Why put the onus on the host? The one person without any way to remedy the situation. Why would airbnb approve the alteration but not authorize more funds?

To which, when it comes to initial requests and payment is declined the host has their calendar blocked for  24 hours while the payment situation is figured out. why in the world does the hosts listing have to be held hostage because someones credit card is having issues. 

Lastly, finding any trace of Payout or Transaction terminology on the host platform has become a task that didnt exist before. I have to hunt to find my payout and tranaction history on the computer. 

1 Reply 1
Kelly185
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

This has happened to me twice! I'm feeling ripped off. I'm not here to host strangers for free in my house!