Problem with Payout method

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Problem with Payout method

I have been hosting for around 4 years and have had the same payout method the entire time. this week I am being told there is a problem with it.

Has anybody else been told the same?

I am assuming they have broken something as part of one of their infamous 'upgrades'.

157 Replies 157

I had a hard time pulling up my correspondence on this issue.  I had to switch my account over to "travelling" and go to my inbox there.  Why my correspondence about a payout issue as a host would be on the travelling side which I have never used, I have no idea.  I am very much hoping that Airbnb has learned something about how to fix this issue, even if it is evident that they have not learned how to talk about it in a straightforward manner.  I am currently "pending" on my "updated", or re-added and soon-to-be re-verified, account.

@Katherine378  All my messaging correspondence with Airbnb has always appeared under the "travelling" section of my Inbox, even though I've never used Airbnb as a guest. Does seem odd that they would do it that way for hosts. No figuring out why these folks do things the way they do.

Agata67
Level 2
Kitchener, Canada

In a way, I'm glad to see that it's not just me having issues. I have been receiving payouts for the past 3 years and now even though it was "processed" I did not receive payment. Bank says that they did not recieve anything and they deposit the same day they receive money from Airbnb. Airbnb says that "in that case" I should remove my default payment and re-enter it... (it was good for 3 years, so this seems like an excuse). I did that and now I'm waiting for confirmation/approval of the same account... 
Someone is holding the money here... and not being transparent on what the problem is... 
Getting frustrated...

Hi there all! Is anyone still facing issues to set up the payout method for an aussie account?

Cheers!

Adrian532
Level 1
Brașov, Romania

Same issue in Romania . They told me to speak with Payoneer as they are responsible for this. Phoned Payoneer, they told me the bank details are good, everything is good and as far as they are concerned payouts should work fine on my account.  Had a word again with airbnb, explained this, now they asked an email confirmation or a screenshot from Payoneer to prove that what i said to them is true. What? Really? I told them that as they treat this, makes me think that is a problem they should solve, not Payoneer. So i am starting to think that this is something fishy here. There are too many complains about this. I will speak with an lawyer about this, maybe starting a case will eventualy  solve this. 

Helena397
Level 1
Amersham, United Kingdom

Letting out my one property with ABB.  All was going fine last year and the early part of this year.  Then they stopped paying.  When contacted they said I had to re-enter my account details.  But this time they are asking for personal information I don't want to give ... i.e. photo ID (.. "to prove i am not a business" ??? not sure how that proves anything!)  My contract with ABB hasn't changed.  Something their end has changed.  And now they are being really uncooperative.  Quoting all sorts of semi-leagalise.  I'm going to get my money (one way or the other) and then have nothing more to do with ABB.  They are not trustworthy.

SandP1
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Our payout for our recent guest is delayed because Airbnb has a serious deficiency not just with its payment system but notifications as well - and we as hosts are being penalised for their dysfunctional operation. Not the first time our payout is delayed, mind you. On further investigation, we discover an alert in red hidden away in our Profile>Accounts>Payment & Payout section that says, unable to make payment, update account details. What a joke! An alert that should be sent through Airbnb's Inbox notification portal rather than somewhere in a host profile that's most likely to be missed! As an IT person, this is beyond comprehension. Then when we contact CS, they say little they can do to help as they emailed us last month to update our bank details. I would NEVER leave myself open to potential hacking by clicking on a link in an email, furthermore an email topic that Airbnb has not bothered to mention in a secure notification portal.

Michelle2114
Level 2
Tamborine, Australia

It has been two weeks since I noticed & reported the withholding of my funds from ABB.  I was advised over the phone (on an Australian mobile to the United States AT MY EXPENSE!!!)   to re-add my account details.  I was never told there was an error with THEIR system!.  I was told to wait for the three small amounts to be sent to my account for verification - never received those amounts in my account then get a message a week later to say they would be paying my money tomorrow (great news right?) Think again -  the next day I receive a message saying the money was sent back to them and that my account details are wrong - no!! haven't changed them in the 2+ years they've been paying into that account.  I have attempted to get answers though every type of customer support they have available, but no responses.  I am thinking as earlier suggested in this thread that the only serious avenue is to report this withholding of money to Australian police as a cyber crime.  ABB obviously haven't taken this issue seriously since it's now November 2019 and this issue has been occurring since at least May 2018!  We definitely need some media attention on this issue - unfortunately I don't have Kochie's number haha.