Problem with Payout method

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Problem with Payout method

I have been hosting for around 4 years and have had the same payout method the entire time. this week I am being told there is a problem with it.

Has anybody else been told the same?

I am assuming they have broken something as part of one of their infamous 'upgrades'.

157 Replies 157
Annabel3
Level 1
New Alresford, United Kingdom

I am in the same position. I am a super host Since 2016 and had not been hosting since the first lockdown until just now. My pay in bank details were on the Airbnb “system”...I was emailed by Airbnb to say That I don’t have a payout method . 
the bank details were still there.

i managed to get a response on the phone last night, but went nearly mad after about 2 hours of Abnb’s inability to understand. 
today I have managed To remove my payout details (which I was asked to do and to reinsert them ).

sadly I am now unable to do it at all . And unable to get an answer on the phone (tried for over an hour). 
i think it is done on purpose as it would appear that they don’t want to do any bank transfers, only other other methods which incur a fee. 
so I’m unable to work the website

unable to speak with anyone

unable to receive a payout .

stalemate ! What to do????

Annabel3
Level 1
New Alresford, United Kingdom

I have to say that, I rather “smell a rat “here !

I’m highly suspicious of the Lack of information or transparency from Abnb and their dysfunctional  website . (which I am guessing is on purpose) making it impossible to type in any payout methods ..

Jessica638
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi Gillian,

I'm experiencing the same issues. It's asking me to update my payout method due to it being incorrect. The staff have advised me that it's a system error affecting multiple accounts. I don't often use that part of the platform (payout methods), but apon logging in to check the details I noticed it has been overhauled, maybe they broke something during that process.

Hopefully they get it back online soon, not getting paid sucks 😞

HiI’m having the same problem as a host. I contacted Airbnb and was advised that there is an issue impacting several customers. It’s frustrating.

Kevin616
Level 9
Western Australia, Australia

@Bernadette175 wrote:

HiI’m having the same problem as a host. I contacted Airbnb and was advised that there is an issue impacting several customers. It’s frustrating.

All of Australia, thousands of customers and millions of dollars!

They aren't being fully transparent about this, or even slightly helpful.

I'm looking for an alternative hosting platform if anyone can recommend one suitable for WA.

thanks in advance

I'm experiencing the same issues, they have been adjusting reservations from 2 months ago....

Yes!  Having the exact same issue. They’re giving me the runaround. (They even tried to claim it might be an issue with my account specifically!   Sigh...)  It’s maddening. I am a superhost.  I have several properties listed with them and I have been hosting for almost 10 years. I’m losing my patience.

I got the same notification this morning. I think they have been hacked but didn’t want to tell people so instead they have asked us to set up the bank details again. I have used the same bank account for 4 years as well with no problem until today. It may mean that a hacker now has our bank details so setting up the same account information would leave us open to attack. Given Aurbnb’s on going lack of truthfulness it would be impossible to get an answer as to why it suddenly doesn’t work and if we should be concerned.

Jan556
Level 1
Binalong Bay, Australia

Same here, affecting about 4 accounts - and nothing has changed. Phoned, and am amazed by the lack of help given. They just told me to amend details on all the accounts, which have nothing wrong to amend. I suggested it was an AirBNB error, and they needed to get it sorted immediately, as my clients will not be happy with not getting paid all of a sudden. This matter needs to be amended urgently, and not by me having to re-enter bank details which are, and have been for a few years, correct, and then have to wait for 5 days for the accounts to get confirmed (again).

Jane814
Level 1
Bairnsdale, Australia

We have received the same notification this morning and like the others, nothing has changed with our bank account details. We are being directed to change our bank details to receive a payout. This is a third party site and we are concerned it’s not legitimate. Not sure what to do as the amount Airbnb owes us is substantial. HELP!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Yeah, it seems to be happening to all of us......but only Australian hosts by the look of it!

Bank details.png

It looks like they may have been hacked. I am alerting the bank now!

Why in the hell  do they keep on trying to fix things that are not broken!

Cheers.....Rob

No.  It happened to me, too, and I’m here in the States.

I’m getting the same message from Airbnb and I’m in the UK.....

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Gillian19 @Jane814 @Jan556  @Michele99 @Jessica638

I have just been onto CX and spoken to Brenda who assures me this is a current system update, the platform has not been hacked and to re-insert the same payout method details and things should be back to normal in a few hours.

Cheers.....Rob