Problem with Payout method

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Problem with Payout method

I have been hosting for around 4 years and have had the same payout method the entire time. this week I am being told there is a problem with it.

Has anybody else been told the same?

I am assuming they have broken something as part of one of their infamous 'upgrades'.

157 Replies 157
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Robin4 Thanks Rob - I managed to leave my phone at home this morning so couldn't call them!

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Robin4 when they said 'back to normal in a few hours' did they give you any indication when payments would be re-sent as my added payout method is still showing as pending?

Karen1329
Level 2
Peppermint Grove Beach, Australia

I was told it would be a 5-7 day wait whilst accounts were verified before payment would be made.  I am still suspicious of doing anything.  

I had the exact same problem.  Was yours verified ?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Gillian19

I have been away from my computer for a few hours at Meals on Wheels and just returned to it. My payout preference is still showing as pending. 

I was told it is a current system update and will be back to normal shortly. 

@Kath9 has just now added another version of events...even CX have no idea of what is going on but have been told to bluff their way through.

This is bloody disgraceful. I know Airbnb will do anything they like to increase their profit but failure to pay hosts is hitting a new low. If this is not fixed in the next few hours and these payments released I think we need to post on sites like  www.   airbnbhell.     com that Airbnb have stopped paying their hosts. A bit of negative publicity might stir them into action!

Cheers.....Rob

Hi Robin,

I just spoke to Customer Service & they let me know that this issue is with World Pay & only for Australia.

They suggested to not do anything (as nothing has changed) & Airbnb will email once rectified.

Cheers,

Craig

@Robin4@SleepOver-Brisbane0 It is indeed appalling that a Company that manages so much money that isn't even theirs is so useless. If paypal did anything like this they would be hauled over the coals. If the issue was with World Pay why on earth did they contact us all telling us to set up new payment methods? I have no idea at the moment what I am supposed to be doing and I know that ringing CS is about as useless as doing nothing as they will not have been properly informed and won't know what we should be doing anyway.

Even if the underlying issue is with World Pay then the Airbnb system should handle the issue and not simply spam us all telling us to add new payment methods. 

I work in IT and we also process payments. If we did something like this we would be in serious trouble and have serious repurcussions to face. Airbnb never suffer as it's not them that isn't getting paid.

I will definitely be in Airbnbhell and anywhere else I can find if this is not resolved by this evening

Now going into my account, it appears there are no payout bank accounts there any longer...

Trying to setup a new one.... https://www.envoytransfers.com/ (WorldPay) does not open 😞

Guess we wait....

You would think that Airbnb's IT pick up on this error & Airbnb send some communications to Australian Hosts to at least let us know what is going on

Mesaage from Airbnb support this morning:

Hi Jenni, this is Krista from Airbnb.
I am sorry that we were disconnected. I wanted to let you know that we are actively having an issue with Worldpay in Australia. Airbnb is working hard to resolve it and will keep our hosts updated as we know more. I also want to let you know that we have not been hacked, and that everyone's information is safe. Please feel free to reply to this message with any other questions or concerns.

Krista, Airbnb is doing no such thing - no hosts are being contacted and no hosts are being updated about the ETA for the fix - this is really not good enough.  Given the hundreds of thousands of dollars that Airbnb is holding, you owe it to your hosts to at least send an notice that there is a problem rather than have us wasting time reentering bank account details multiple times for no effect.  Lift your game!

Hi David / Kirsten, We are having the same problem and spoke on the phone with Airbnb yesterday - they also sent us an email this morning apologising and assuring us they are working on the problem. As it is affecting the whole of Australia I am guessing that they are struggling to contact everyone. We were advised to do nothing until we were notified that the problem had been fixed.

@Carole240 wrote:

Hi David / Kirsten, We are having the same problem and spoke on the phone with Airbnb yesterday - they also sent us an email this morning apologising and assuring us they are working on the problem. As it is affecting the whole of Australia I am guessing that they are struggling to contact everyone. We were advised to do nothing until we were notified that the problem had been fixed.

They don't need to struggle to contact everyone if they know all Australian hosts are affected, which they obviously do. They just need to send out the notice to all the Australian hosts. It should be quite simple in the the tech world and take a fraction of the time it takes to field all the phone calls from confused and upset hosts. It's not like they have to send a personal message to each an every host. It's just typical company lack of courtesy.

Hi Jenni, Chanel from the Herald Sun, I would like to have a chat with you about this...if you could call the news desk: ****. Thanks!

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – inline with the Community Center Guidelines]

Kevin616
Level 9
Western Australia, Australia

@Jenni0 wrote:

Mesaage from Airbnb support this morning:

Hi Jenni, this is Krista from Airbnb.
I am sorry that we were disconnected. I wanted to let you know that we are actively having an issue with Worldpay in Australia. Airbnb is working hard to resolve it and will keep our hosts updated as we know more. I also want to let you know that we have not been hacked, and that everyone's information is safe. Please feel free to reply to this message with any other questions or concerns.

It's been over a week and despite all the promises, I've never received a single update!

just the same rhetoric, I'm sorry, we're here for you, ask us anything, we'll keep you updated, etc but no answers and no updates!

hopeless

Thanks @Robin0. I have added the bank account details again as well and it is still in the "pending" hours later.  That says to me that they have been hacked but they are not telling people.  If it is still "pending" tomorrow then I will contact the bank and the police and report it as a cyber-crime that AirBNB are witholding from the public