Problem with Payout method

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Problem with Payout method

I have been hosting for around 4 years and have had the same payout method the entire time. this week I am being told there is a problem with it.

Has anybody else been told the same?

I am assuming they have broken something as part of one of their infamous 'upgrades'.

157 Replies 157
Naomi8
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

This also happened to me. I am now getting a demand to add my tax details. I am suspicious the two things are connected. Does anyone know if this is mandatory and will they withhold payments should one not comply?

Hello everyone, i had guest left today and i got payout sent message then after 3 hours i got the error payout reversal message. My account is the same and no problem with it ...

Wendy604
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I just experienced the same issue with a recent reservation and they have told me the issue was due to the holiday but we still haven't received a payout plus they haven't given us a clear answer as to why. We had another reservaton recently and it went through just fine but still trying to resolve the one from last month.

Charlie106
Level 2
Prince George, Canada

I do not know if you folks had the same result as I. I called two or three times and they kept telling me that it was just some form of normal delay.I was getting a message saying there was an error in my bank details. Ny account showed  an "Error" as to making the payment. After some more calls to AirBNB, I was told that the problem was that they could not send USD to my USD account in Canada! In fact, the first time I called in this cycle, Tech support told me that it was impossible to send USD to a Canadian account and that my account  in dollars in Canada must actually be in the United States! I explained that I had never had an American bank account. I further explained that I had been receiving USD in the specified account since early in 2018. The support agent insisted that it was impossible for me to have been receiving USD in my Canadian bank. She did not bother looking to their records to see that in fact they had been up until the most recent payment out in late December 2018. The tech told me that I had to delete my current payout (which had been working just fine prior to all this) and redo the process of giving my bank details. I was not happy with this but deleted my details for the Canadian USD account. I tried to add a new Payout method giving the details of my Canadian USD account.. No way! It insisted that I either had to get paid out in Canadian dollars or have the money sent to PayPal (where it would be paid out in Canadian dollars!).

I was  toldby the next tech that when I went to enter a new account, I could not enter details of a Canadian USD account. One way or the other, the USD that I was receiving from AirBNB had to be changed to Canadian dollars. by this time, I was getting extremely frustrated. I pointed out that indeed AirBNB had been paying me in American dollars in my Canadian account. This tech looked at the records and agreed with me but came back with they had changed  their policy - it now had to be paid into a Canadian dollar account or an account in the currency of the country  that I was staying in.

TAKE NOTICE: the effect of this is that if you need USD in the country where the money will be used and your home country is not the United States, the payout will be converted to your currency (with you paying the banking system the "sell rate" for currency exchangefor the USD you received in payment fromAirBNB and then will have to pay the "buy rate" to reacquire USD. In other words, YOU ARE FORCED TO PAY TWICE FOR EXCHANGING MONEY!

I think that AirBNB should be explaining why it is causing this ripoff in favour of the banking system.

Sussan1
Level 1
Uddevalla, Sweden

I have the same issue here in Sweden now. I am a new host, and have some money to get but it is totally impossible to have the payout methods to work. I think i have filled in the form for payout methods 50 times, on google crome, on safari and on the app. The first day I thougt it was my fault but now I am sure there is some major problems with airbnb:s website, a bug maybee. I am beginning to be really angry!

is it solved?

Glyn0
Level 2
Mont-Tremblant, Canada

Exactly the same in the UK as of today.

Payout method/account has disappeared, Airbnb suggested upgrade at their end had deleted it!

Told to add payment method/account but system won't accept a Canadian bank account with billing address in the UK (despite it being like this for years), they actually told me it wasn't possible to have a Canadian bank account and UK billing address - That's not how the world works!

So what now? I've added my Canadian account using the rental units Canadian address in the hope that it will pass verification, what if doesn't?

The same problem happens again here in Canada now.

Shelagh14
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

I'm having this problem as well. Last week I was sent notice to edit or reenter my banking details (those details have been working fine for more than five years). I did and Air BnB subsequently made a 3 cent deposit which successfully showed up in my account. This morning I AGAIN received the same notification that I must reenter or edit my banking details (due to a "payout reversal"). Air BnB is now holding thousands of dollars paid out by guests over the past month. Why were they able to make the small test deposit and now say payouts are reversing? Anyone else have this problem? 

Update on my note above -- after a very long conversation with somebody at Air BnB, I'm told the issue is with my bank. Banking hours yet to commence here in Canada and I will contact them once able, however, my problem is curiously similar to many in this thread yet nobody seems to have been told to deal with their bank rather than Air BnB. I'm not optimistic that I'll get this resolved via the bank. Anybody out there had similar issues lately with receiving payouts from Air BnB?

@Shelagh14  That's always their line, that it's a problem with your bank or paypal account, but it seldom is. Why would there be a problem with your bank if you've always received your payouts like that without an issue?  Last year no Aussie hosts got paid at all for about 2-3 weeks. Most were advised by CS to change their payout preference, some did and some didn't. The ones who didn't seemed to be the first ones to get paid, once Airbnb sorted it out with  the entity they use for the money transfers.

Hope it gets figured out for you.

Thanks @Sarah977 I have since been back and forth with Air BnB and my bank (which confirmed the problem was not coming from them). Still no solution or resolution but Air BnB claims to be working on it. Oddly enough, without query or prompting from me, the "case worker" who I was talking with said she couldn't "confirm" that it was a technical problem at their end. 

@Sarah977 

...another long-term, known "glitch", that never gets fixed, and results in large sums of hosts' money being held hostage for long periods of time. Becoming more and more difficult to believe that it could possibly all  be down to "technical errors" - even the most die-hard evangelists must be starting to have a few doubts creep in on that score by now too.. 

It'll be interesting to see what occurs over the next 6-9 pre-IPO months. 

Good morning all, I am so angry and disappointed with Aibnb at the moment. The short story is I am a Host in the UK and decided to place my seaside property on the holiday rental market for the month of August, while I was away. I had actually registered with Airbnb initially in 2012/13 for another property and had received a couple bookings and Reviews from that time. On this occasion I received 4 bookings through another company, no problems at all, with payment received 24 hours after the guest check in.  I had 1 booking with Airbnb and noticed after 9 days that I hadn't received my payout, so I checked the details on my account and it stated that the payment was sent 2 days after check out. I noticed a 4 digit number beside my name and assumed it was a reference number for payment. When I didn't receive payment after another couple of days, I rang then wrote to the Help desk regarding the matter. I have now received 3 messages stating that the matter was investigated and is now closed as the monies were sent to the  bank account ending in that 4 digit number which appeared beside my name (which incidentally bears no reference to me or my bank information). My bank has also confirmed that there is no payment pending on my account. Airbnb insists that they have paid to the bank as instructed but will not provide me with any additional information regarding that account ending in the unknown 4 digits!! Airbnb in their last message stated that I the host has given someone access to my airbnb account details and that the payment method was changed by that individual and for that reason they have no obligation to investigate further and that the matter is now closed.  I will of course continue to fight airbnb on this matter as I refuse to simply give up my earnings of more than £600. If anyone else out there has  experienced a similar matter, please do reply. Thanks in advance.                                                     One other thing to mention is that there is no record or log of these messages I received from airbnb, they just don't appear anywhere so I have asked for an email with all their correspondence to me on this matter recorded!!!

It would appear reading all these posts before that a very large number of hosts have not received their payments, what is happening with airbnb????