Problem with Payout method

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Problem with Payout method

I have been hosting for around 4 years and have had the same payout method the entire time. this week I am being told there is a problem with it.

Has anybody else been told the same?

I am assuming they have broken something as part of one of their infamous 'upgrades'.

157 Replies 157

@Robin0 another quick update from me.  Just got another failed message from AirBNB saying that they tried to make the payment but it didnt work- so it is either a Hack or an IT problem.  Either way tomorrow I call the Police and report it as a cyber crime. 

Glyn0
Level 2
Mont-Tremblant, Canada

Same here in the UK.

Added problem is that my rental (and payout bank account) is in Canada but my billing address in the UK. Airbnb won't allow me to register a Canadian account with a UK address (The same one that I've used for many years!) - They actually said it was impossible to have a Canadian account and UK billing address - HSBC Canada don't agree. 

So....

1. What happens if my bank account fails verification due mismatch in Airbnb's address for me and the banks?

2. How much interest are they paying for the extra time they're holding onto our money?

I believe if they had of been hacked they would have been obligated to inform us. Likely a massive liability suite for failure to do so, so assuming they haven't been hacked. Gather it's some sort of interface issue with the payment site

SleepOver-Brisbane0
Level 5
New Farm, Australia

Yep...

Same for me.

I have multiple properties & Cohost for many...

All of my clients & I, have received this email today.

Messy!

Diana820
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

payment a week late. But I haven’t received any contact. 

Cathy422
Level 2
Leneva, Australia

Same problem here.  Looks like they broke the system for payments to Australian banks. 

It seems you need to create a new version of your old payment details, then make it default (even if it is pending).

Then when fixed need to delete the original payment option.

Yet another update with a bug or poor implementation planning.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

I have just seen this email too and am on hold to Airbnb CS - whilst on hold, I noticed this thread! Thanks for the info everyone! Will let you know if I find out anything else.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

OK, so the CS guy didn't know anything about it and had to investigate (amazing that we know more about it than they do!). Anyway, apparently it's a system error and we should do nothing i.e. don't update or add new payment method. Airbnb are working on the issue and will let us know when it's fixed (no time frame currently given). I suggested they should at least send out an email to hosts letting us know what's going on. However, he did say they'd let us know when the issue was fixed.

Kelly144
Level 4
Hobart, Australia

Australian host here too: Same notification. What a mess! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Gillian19 @Kath9 @Cathy422 @Kelly144

I think this episode illustrates the total disregard Airbnb have for their hosts!

They are obviously aware there is a payment issue with Worldpay as far as Aussie hosts are concerned and they do not even have the basic courtesy to say " sorry for the inconvenience we are working on it, will keep you informed" in an email to effected hosts!

It just 'sail on silvery moon'  while we all sit here in limbo land not knowing what the bloody hell is going on. I am getting request left right and centre here and I don't even know if I am going to be paid for them or when!

I hate to say it but I am going to have to rethink my hosting strategy, this is quite insufferable.

Super bad look Airbnb!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Agreed @Robin4, this is what I said to the CS guy! They should at least have the common courtesy to let us know what is happening. I also pointed out that it might result in a few less phone calls to customer service!

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Robin4@Kath9  To make matters worse, their incredibly dumb software has just sent out another email telling me to add another payout method.  On the phone to a supervisor rigt now trying to get some definitive answers about what to do with the second payout method I added this morning!

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Robin4 @Kath9 I have been told to not remove a second payout method if added, but not to add one if just the old one is there. I have suggested in no uncertain terms that they up their game and communicate to their very angry Australian hosts as they have a lot of goodwill to make up!

Same problem here for me. Thanks for all the feedback, at least I wont waste my time on the phone to Airbnb CS. The community knows more about it than the operators!!

Rob,  I'm in same boat and have asked all my future bookings to pay me directly.  Air b&b are treating hosts with appalling disregard.  I've had enough.