Problem with guest currently there - what do I do?

Sheana0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Problem with guest currently there - what do I do?

I have a guest that seems to have lied about their identity and broke our house rules. Last night they had a loud party with over two dozen people on the property. It was so disturbing that the police were called. 

I just discovered they are supposed to be there one more night. What do I do?

Can I cancel their last night? I can't remove them from the property because I'm not there today. Do I call the police? 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry this happened @Sheana0 but why didn't you call Airbnb when you found out this happened and asked them to cancel the booking and ask the guests to leave.

Of course you should be cancelling the booking and demanding they leave now. Call Airbnb now explain the circumstances and get them to contact the guests. I don't know how police operate in your area and whether they would come out for this sort of thing. It is a civil rather than criminal matter.

Don't you have a local person to manage the property while you aren't there who can go around? You need someone to go around now and check for damage and make sure the guests leave.

I do hope going forward you put measures in place to minimise this happening such as CCTV and having a local co-host.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I doubt the police would evict them for you, maybe they would leave if notified that their reservation had been cancelled, you need someone to manage your Property if you are not available.

David