Problem with long term stays

Katarzyna65
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Problem with long term stays

I have a guest at the property staying at substantial discount due to new hosting for me and new property on Airbnb. I had a problem with a pipe connecting septic to drain field and can’t fix it until I get a permit from the contractor for the work which can take a few weeks to obtain. This unfortunately happened a week into their stay. Most likely a tree root caused the damage so no one’s fault. I told my guest that it will take a while to fix it but they’re welcome to stay until the end of their reservation as I’ll make sure to pump the septic tank when it’s full so that there are no issues for them. They will be minimally affected as I will pump it as needed until I fix it. I received an email from Airbnb that they are having issues collecting a payment for their 10 day stay in addition to the 30 days they already stayed and that I can cancel their stay if I need with no penalty. I did not want to cancel as I don’t see too much of a problem in honoring the reservation but it’s the 4th of July week so perhaps they want me to cancel to have Airbnb find them a place for the 10 days. When I emailed them to ask if they have any questions or concerns they did not respond and they communicated with me with no problems previously. Let me know your thoughts of what’s the best course of action is. Thanks

1 Reply 1

@Katarzyna65   If Airbnb can't guarantee that you'll receive your full payout for the booking, your best course of action would be to accept that offer to cancel penalty-free, let the guests relocate, and block your calendar until the septic issue is fully resolved.