Problems with direct messaging!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Problems with direct messaging!

@Stephanie @Lizzie @Quincy

Hi guys, thanks for your support and help through the last year. Once again you have done a wonderful job, we all love you for it.

Not wishing to kick the year off on a sour note, there does appear to be a problem with 'Direct Messaging' and has been for the past week.

Each time I write a response to a message that has been sent to me via DM, as soon as I hit 'Send' I am faced with this.......

DM failure.png 

Some times it comes good and goes through after a few tries at refreshing the page, most times it will not.

I don't want to leave people just hanging, waiting for a response but, it appears I don't have a choice. Can you guys please look into this and see if you can get to the bottom of it

I am sorry bringing this issue into the public arena, I would send you a DM.........but I can't!

Cheers......Rob

1 Reply 1
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 

Thanks for flagging this issue and sorry that it's happening. There's been ongoing issues with the DM system that we've been trying to remedy for a long time. One thing all us OCM do is the always copy the entire text before hitting send just in case of this timeout issue. That way you can refresh the page and paste it in again, and try to send it.

We have been working on something in regards to the private messaging system that we are looking forward to unveiling this year but we're still testing. Watch this space!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines