Professional Photos in Croatia

Torbjörn-And-Amila0
Level 2
Norrtälje, Sweden

Professional Photos in Croatia

Hi, 

We bought an holiday apartment in Split (Croatia) last summer and immediately listed it on AirBnB and on some other competeting sites. As we live in 

Sweden we have a co-host familly locally who assists with keys and cleaning.

However when we took the photos we were more than un-professional and did all mistakes we could do(as we didnt realize how important the photos actually are). So most of the photos are to dark or bright and with bad angles and the list goes on...

We are soon going down to the apartment again (in the end of july) and I wonder if anyone here have experience from the professional photo service offered by AirBNB

and especially here in Split Croatia? Is it worth going for it?

Also do you know if there is any subforum for hosts in Croatia/Split?

Cheers!

Torbjörn

14 Replies 14
Cindee1
Level 2
Arkansas, United States

I use a camera on my smart phone to take pictures.  I then correct the photo with lighting and color density and cropping if necessary.  All the photos should be taken in landscape mode so they fit well on the Airbnb site.   Most phone cameras have automatic editing tools.  Before paying for a professional, look at some photos that are pleasing, then try to copy that style.  Photos are always better taken early morning or early evening.   Lots of natural light will help too. 

Try taking several angles of the same picture.  Then select the best one. 

@Cindee1Thanks I really appreciate the feedback!

We will try to do it ourselves then. Yes landscape mode seams to be a better fit here on AirBnB, will have that in mind. Not so tech savvy and do not have an aestetic touch 

either, but we have 3 weeks so probably will get some lucky shots 🙂

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Torbjörn-And-Amila0there is no subforum for hosts in Croatia. Regarding Airbnb photographers I wouldn't recommend it because you will pay for it,  wait your turn for taking pictures, then someone will come and do it, upload on Airbnb and it is a possesion of Airbnb (you are not allowed to use it on your website or any other booking site). I can try to get in touch with some of my friends photographers and you can maybe hire someone for a photoshoot if you agree about a price. It would be more expensive probably but you will have your photos to use them where you want.

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Hvala! To bad there is no subforum here, but can understand it as the registration process with the municipality to get the 

apartment ready for tourism in split were absolute crazy....Thanks for the offer regarding photographers,

will have that in mind if we dont get any good pictures ourself.

hello ,on facebook you can yoin in grup Airbnb za iznajmljivače-uzajamna podrška,Airbnb only for host

@Kristina204Tried to join the group but they wouldnt accept me, any ideas how to get in?

In that group all conversation is on Croatian, so if you are not fluent in, forget about the group. There is a group Aiurbnb Finest Hosts, international one and you can join that one. Moreover it is more professional. Photographer, for sure use Airbnb one, I didn’t yet, but I am sure they have clear directions from Airbnb, I am currently renovating one listing and I will call official one for sure.

Moja zena is fluent so would actually want to join and Im trying to improve.

@Ivana178 @Kristina204Regarding photos we managed to find a local photographer which were reasonable in price, and we could use the photos on several other platforms as well. We are also looking for a good and trustworthy co-host(for a couple of studio apartments) in the Kastela area, do you have any suggestion for how to find one?

Hm, very hard to suggest. Co-hosting is very serious business. It depends what you need, only Air co-hosting or full service, with cleaning, welcoming and helping out your guests. On FB you have many groups where people searching or offering jobs. Post your request there and good luck.

@Ivana178

Couldnt agree more its a serious matter , we were in contact with several persons when were down in August and none of them felt right. We are in for the full concept with cleaning, welcoming and maybe to be there in case of emergencies. I looked at your listing and it looks very nice, it also looks that we are very close neighbours 🙂 Are you able to give some tips of groups on FB in the Split or Kastela area?

Yep, we are close. One of my listing is in Split, and two in Okrug Gornji. I will try with Airbnb za iznajmljivace, hosts are there and maybe there is someone who can help. We do all within family. It is all excellent when there is no problem. But when something is broken, out of order or something you need to have someone who can fix or organize that in short time 😊

Thank you so much for trying to helpout it is so appreciated! 🙂 We will soon have 2 listings 2km from the Airport in Kastel Stafilic(both small studio apartments 1 is already set up, and the second we will arrange when going down to Split/Kastela in the middle of October) . 

Even though we are so close to Trogir we only been there twice(old city once and Arbanija once), it was very nice though so will probably explore more of the island when we are in the Kastela apartments. 🙂

Torbjörn-And-Amila0
Level 2
Norrtälje, Sweden

@Kristina204 thanks will join the group!