Promo code to increase bookings

Stephanie118
Level 4
Stillwater, OK

Promo code to increase bookings

Hello,

I was shocked to discover that the following functionality does not exist in Airbnb. I thought it was standard.

You cannot create special standing promo codes for discounts, to drive bookings. Wha?

Background: we're partnering with other businesses in our community. Shops, shared work centers, colleges, everything. These strategic partnerships drive bookings: they refer their members, customers, incoming guests, etc., to our Airbnb listing. We promote their businesses to our guests. Excellent win-win, and fairly straightforward.

The problem? There's no way to create a promo code in Airbnb. I'm not talking about a "special offer." A special offer requires all kinds of headache, back-and-forth. What that means: nobody does it. It's rare. Folks want to INSTANT BOOK. They want to "just go." Few people, especially those who aren't familiar with Airbnb (yet), will tolerate all the back-and-forth.

Instead, a standing promo code is something I can make, custom, and give to a business partner. Say I partner with Acme Coffee Shop. I create a secret promo code "acmecoffee22" and give it to them. Use that code (even on Instant Book) and get 10% off. They give it to their customers. Presto! They have a REASON, a VALUE-driven reason to refer their customers to us. They get perks! Their customers get perks and, yay, it increases bookings: referrals from the partnered business.

But there is no way to do this. I just promised a new business partner that I'd hop home and create them a promo code, ignorantly thinking this was a no-brainer built-in thing in Airbnb. I am shocked to discover that this isn't available.

Only thing you can currently do is to send one-at-a-time special offers to those who begin the relatively arduous back-and-forth process of inquiry. We've experienced a lot of problems with that, as already described: new people, especially non-Airbnb people, are very intimidated and confused by it. It's not a good way to pull new people into the Airbnb world.

Anybody else looking for this kind of business-driving capability?

6 Replies 6
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Sound like a good idea. You should post the idea on Host Voice and see if others hosts support the idea and then Airbnb might implement it.

Geraldine89
Level 2
St. John's, Canada

Great idea. Im a new host and came to the community centre to ask if we could set promotions.

Kyle148
Level 3
North Las Vegas, NV

I was just looking for information in hopes of finding a way to offer promo codes as well - came across this post. I guess that answers my question! I'm on board with getting this implemented! 

Shaan5
Level 1
Cambridge, MD

Here is the promo code ( CDC3693 ) for vacation in the Dominican Republic to stay in Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort. Book in www.caribbeandreamclub.com I hardly got that promo code. it will save a lot of money. 

Hello stephanie 

Kirsty128
Level 2
Ararimu, New Zealand

Yes, that would be great to use a promo code for regulars or to encourage those great guests (and their friends) to come back to you, rather than dong a public promotion