Proper Accounting Methods

Tom552
Level 1
Georgia, United States

Proper Accounting Methods

I'm treating my AirBnB as a business. Does anyone in the Community have a Chart of Accounts suitable for Airbnb use in QuickBooks? How/where can I get one so I don't overlook proper accounting practices? Thanks for guidance.  Countries other than USA may also benefit from a Chart of Accounts to simplify and more accurately categorize their numbers.
Tom

4 Replies 4
Jennifer1155
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

I have one for my leased (rental) properties, but like you would like to know if anyone has a Quickbooks chart of accounts for Airbnb use.

My accountant set up Bnbtally with my Airbnb & QuickBooks accounts about a year ago: https://www.bnbtally.com/airbnb/quickbooks/integration

Bnbtally provides templates you can import along with a great deal of documentation about proper accounting practices with Airbnb & QuickBooks. Ultimately, your chart of accounts depends on your business model (property management vs home ownership, etc...), some business models are a bit more comprehensive than others. Either way, you can find Airbnb & QuickBooks templates here, just select which one applies to you...

Airbnb & QuickBooks Templates:  https://www.bnbtally.com/airbnb/quickbooks/chart-of-accounts-template

I've been using this for about a year now and so far things are working amazing. 

Jason114
Level 3
Mountain View, CA

I work for a company that provides a SaaS product to integrate Airbnb automatically with Quickbooks Online. We primarily serve accountants who have Airbnb clients, but it's also for anyone who takes their Airbnb bookkeeping seriously. You may be interested...

BNBTALLY:  **solicitation removed inline with Community Guidelines

We also have a couple articles with downloadable templates for setting up Quickbooks Online for an Airbnb business you may be interested. Check out the following:

1. Setting up Quickbooks for an Airbnb Owner/Rental Arbitrage Business:**solicitation removed inline with Community Guidelines
  2. Setting up Quickbooks for an Airbnb Property Management Business:**solicitation removed inline with Community Guidelines

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

When you first set up your Quickbooks file, it walks you through the process and helps you figure out your chart of accounts. You don't have to be an accountant to do this. Just a basic understanding of accounting will get you through it.