Proper way to indicated specific Check OUT days for a listing?

Matthew147
Level 3
Chicago, IL

Proper way to indicated specific Check OUT days for a listing?

Hello everyone - 

I have a question about reservations and the proper way to specify check OUT days for our listing.  I found out how to go through and edit the trip requirements for checking IN on a particular day, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

Ex.

We would like to specify that guest (for a paticular part of the year) must check OUT on either Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.  There is an event in our area that runs from Thursday - Sunday, January through March, and we want to make sure that we have as much availability.  Typically people who will be traveling into town for the event will arrive Wed or Thursday.

Any insight on this particular topic would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Matthew147 If you edit your listing go first to Trip Length then select  'add another requirement' 

Here you can select 'specific dates' to customise your offering to match your local event.

Now you can type in the dates you wish - plus add a specific check-in day (only one choice allowed though)

If you select Wednesday you can also add here a minimum nights allowed as 4 so guests can checkout only from Sunday.

The downside is that you can only select one check-in day - Wed or Thurs  - so you can't fully customise your availability.

You can cap the maximum amount of days in a trip generally as 7 so allow only a maximum of a Wednesday checkout - although that will apply all year around but you can change this later if you wish availability for longer trips later in the year.

Thanks so much for your reply - the problem is what you have noted below:

"The downside is that you can only select one check-in day - Wed or Thurs  - so you can't fully customise your availability."

We don't want to limit it to a particular ONE day, but give them a window.  Thanks though!  Appreciate your help!

Jayesh0
Level 10
Urangan, Australia

Hi @Matthew147

If it was me, I would set up an identical 2nd listing showing availability only from January to March and block these months on the first listing.  You can set a requirement for weekends with a minimum night stay.  Likely 3 nights would work best.  This is in the same place under availability - trip length - additional requirements with a drop down box for Friday and Saturday.

I have read that this does not ensure a Friday Saturday stay as guests may be able to book Wednesday Thursday Friday or Thursday Friday Saturday  or Friday Saturday Sunday or Saturday Sunday Monday.  We do not have this requirement so I have not personally worked with this feature.  It seems from other feedback that as long as they have either the Friday or Saturday in their dates, they must stay 3 nights.

If you find you have a weekend coming up that has not booked, or has only a Friday or a Saturday booked, I believe you can override the 3 night minimum by going back to additional requirements and setting a date range with a new minimum night setting so that for a last minute booking or to fill remianing nights, you can just change the requirement to a 2 night stay for example.

Once it is set up you can check on your public listing how the restrictions apply.  If you do try this, would be good to hear how it worked out and if the restrictions really are just for Friday or Saturday night or if it is both that have to be booked in the 3 night minimum.

Hope this helps, Lisa 

Along those lines, I need to keep the changeover day Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I can set the check-in day and a minimum stay, but if guests ask to stay longer than the minimum, that misses the check out days. I don't want a maximum stay as that prevents people booking 2 weeks. How do I create multiple check OUT days without specifying a maximum stay?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Valerie580  you would have to create a rule set and apply it to the required calender days.

Log in to airbnb and click your profile photo(top right), choose "Account" from the drop down box and then click "Settings", switch on professional hosting tools and the multicalender.

Go to the multicalender and create a new rule.

This link explains rule sets:

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/2061/how-do-rule-sets-work

Untitled3.png

Thank you SO much for posting this answer. I was tearing my hair out! Hugh, Pembrokeshire