Property Registration and Legal Permit in India

Mansi0
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

Property Registration and Legal Permit in India

Hello all you wonderful hosts in India!

I hope you are having a great time hosting interesting people and shariang exciting experiences!

My question is about legality of hosting a property on Airbnb in India and the permits/registration required to do so. From Airbnb’s website, I understand that hosts are responsible for communicating this with the local government.  I have contacted the Ministry of Tourism office, here in Bangalore, who suggested registration of a property listing for home-stay or bed and breakfasts is not mandatory and establishments can be run without any restriction.

However, after going through the section under Responsible Hosting - Registration of Guests ( https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/responsible-hosting ), I believe the regulations in India require maintaining a register for guest check-in and check-out records. Furthermore, there are certain forms like Form C  and Form F , which property and listing details need to be mentioned. This contradicts the statement by the representative from the Ministry of Tourism and the ambiguity still prevails.

I would greatly appreciate if you could share your experiences and advise on how you have gone about the legality of your listing registration, permits and guest records.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Mansi

131 Replies 131

Hi @Supriya0  I  am having same problem. Plz connect me on

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

I need your help to list my property with airbnb.

Hi please send me ur no

Hi Friend,

I want to start hosting in my flat in Kolkata. Will be very obliged if you can guide me how to get started.

Regards

Sobhan Barman 

Hi Saptorshi,

I was wondering if you can guide me through the process of hosting in Kolkata? Along with the legal documents required. Thanks in advance!

Reach me at** if you need a co host.
I will take your profit to next level.

Hi Saptorshi, I was thinking if u can guide me with the procedure with Airbnb. Thankyou. Sudi.

I am Interested in new set up.... contact at **

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Saptorshi, 

Iam from Lucknow and living in Mumbai in a rented 1 bhk apartment. Can I also host and give my bedroom with all the basic amenitias to Airbnb guests? What all I have to go through? 

Any kind of informations, suggestions etc would be a great help.

Thanks

Rigved

Hi Saptorshi,

ItllI be great if you could share the process of hosting a Airbnb in Kolkata and the details of all the legalities and documents required?

Thanks in advance

Nilanjana

I am thinking of letting out a single occupation well furnished room in my three storied house at Kolkata by listing under the Airbnb platform. Please provide necessary information as to the legal requirements for such listing in the city of Kolkata. If you reply to my Email address ** (**) i will be much obliged. If you provide your Mobile Number I may even call you to get information. My Mobile number is **

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

If you need a co host reach me at my whatsapp no.**

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Saptorshi

Please help regarding registration and other formalities for hosting in Kolkata

Thanks

Devaditya

Hi 

Would really appreciate if you can guide on formalities regarding bnb

@Saptorshi0 wrote:

Hi,

I'm a superhost hailing from Kolkata. If you need help hosting on Airbnb, do get in touch.

Please  guide me how to start hosting with all legal formalities