Property Types - More options please.

Nic-and-Chris0
Level 2
Southend-on-Sea, GB

Property Types - More options please.

It is good to see that Property Types have had additions to the list BUT in Europe and the UK 'Gites' & 'Annex' would be very useful additions to the list. No others in the list actually fit their description. Any others that Hosts can think of?

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's great having the additional options - but gite? That is just french for 'holiday home for rental' which is already covered more specifically by either 'entire home' etc..or one of the other options. Isn;t it...?

Fiona107
Level 3
Leyburn, GB

In the UK we have thousands of bed and breakfast accommodations in peoples homes where upto 3 guest rooms can be let out without the host having to be a business, airbnb seem to think that a b&b property type (despite the the name airbnb) should only apply to people who are running them as businesses with a registration, VAT number and separate business address.  

Airbnb needs to differentiate between their b&b clarification and UK b&b clarification.  

Also if EU legislation has forced airbnb to make b&b owners put up their business information (I have had to place my address and email on the listing so now that is public information and not confidential to the guests who book my 1 room  b&b in my home and I don't have a trade/profession or business but need to keep my property type of b&b in the tourist area I live to compete favourably with the other 84 listings doing the same without business info) then why not make UK b&b owners conform to the UK fire legislation (put on listing your fire risk assessment) and hygiene certificate required even if you place a croissant on a plate! All food handled not wrapped requires this?  So property type of Uk b&b conforming to UK legislation? 

Also in the UK you should not be letting out a room above the 1st floor or below the ground floor-  is airbnb enforcing that bit of legislation - see Fire regulations and b&b.