Property management All one AIRBNB account or separate accounts?

Property management All one AIRBNB account or separate accounts?

I currently Manage my own Airbnb property and it has been very successful. I have been contacted to manage/start 2 other properties for 2 separate owners. I don't want to add these listings under my current account as it is a business with my brother who owns the property with me.

I do want to keep control of the listings as I am doing all of the work on creating the listing, promoting, ensuring good reviews, ect, then taking the chance of once I build it up having the owners take it over themselves  move to a cheaper, or different management company.

I want the payouts to go directly to the owners and then bill them at the end of the month for cleaning fees, repairs and management percentage, Is there a way to split the payments up per property on the same account. (I don't want to have to switch between 4 different accounts and then miss something) any help is appreciated

8 Replies 8
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

They split payouts for my 2 properties, but are unable to split any pass-thru accommodations taxes. All pass-thru tax payouts have to go to one “primary” account. It’s a pain.

Thank you, That is what I was afraid of.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Then you or the owners should set up the listings in the owners names and add you as co-hosts - simple 🙂

I would say though being a host for five months with nine reviews doesn't really give you the experience to know whether you will be a successful co-host 🙂 For example how the different listing platforms work, how to evict difficult guests etc.

It took me a couple of years experience before I started to co-host as there is so much to learn.

How did you begin co hosting? I'd like to do the same. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

By gaining extensive experience as a host @Cynthia1017 

So once you begin hosting your own home, you can apply as a co host? Is that what I'm understanding? 

Chris2003
Level 3
Tenby, United Kingdom

I manage 3 properties, take 100% from one and 20% from the other two. AirBnB just lumps the payments together so it's a pain to know what i've been paid for. So I'd recommend 100% of the money for each property going into a separate account.. and then owner pays you what you're owed.

I've had offers to take on other peoples' properties.. but i've always been reluctant because if they forget to clean the place.. or they have some friends staying there when i've got a booking, then that's my Superhost status gone and it's me getting penalised by AirBnB.

I'm not that familiar with co-hosting, but i'd try and separate other peoples' listings from your own.. in case they mess up and it impacts your own listing! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Actually that's not true . If you set up the listing in the hosts name (as you should) there's a section to allocate payments to the co-host @Chris2003