Prospective guest can't work out how to upload her government ID

Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

Prospective guest can't work out how to upload her government ID

I received a booking request for this coming weekend from a young woman who only has a phone no on her profile.  In my response I explained that we require our guests to have verified their government ID, their email address and upload a clear profile photo. This guest either does not want to upload her ID or is not very computer literate.  We've had a bit of back and forth with her just not understanding that she cannot send it to me as an attachment on the Airbnb messaging platform. 

I've requested this from two other new to Airbnb guests before, they had no trouble complying at all and I'm getting a bad feeling about this request.  I suggested that she contact Airbnb for assistance if she can't work it out. I have not yet declined a booking but the communication so far is beyond frustrating and I wonder if it could only go downhill from here - should I just decline the booking if she does not comply just before the 24 hours are up? She has only one very brief review from a year ago although she has been registered on Airbnb since 2016.

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Daphne70 

It is the responsibilty of the guest to provide ID verification if she wants to book your place.

If she does not want (or is not capable) to do this, then there will be no reservation.

You can sent her this link:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/336/what-are-profile-verifications-and-how-do-i-get-them

If any help needed she can contact Airbnb.

It is up to you (overseeing the overall communication proces with this person) if you want to give her some more "verification time" (if any left before request expires) or immediatelly going to decline the request.

Best regards,

Emiel