Providing Television Service

Kevin776
Level 1
New York, NY

Providing Television Service

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a resource I just came across that hosts might find helpful.  I always struggled with the decision of whether to offer cable service at the place I offer for Air BnB rental.  Its a vacation town and typically people don't spend a lot of time watching TV (hopefully!).  But it does seem important to have something on offer.   I recently signed up for Philo, a streaming service.  It's only $16 per month and has a great package of content (40-50 channels).  I believe its the lowest priced package available and perhaps equally important for our purposes, its super user friendly, the best interface I've seen.  It works on Roku, fire TV, and apple TV.  You can do a free trial and check it out.

https://try.philo.com/

3 Replies 3
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

More money - roku has a bunch of free stuff, and Netflix allows multiple login so we provide that. Have not had any complaints so far.

Yep - Roku is our go to. We do have cable which I'm considering dropping, but in the kitchen we put up a digital antenna and that is working well to!

Candice195
Level 1
Albany, OR

Do you have apps such as Prime or Hulu for guests to use or would they use their own log in on your TV?