Providing proof of liability insurance

Providing proof of liability insurance

Hello.  I am trying to set up myself as an Airbnb host.  My city requires a permit prior to listing.  In order to receive this permit a host must show proof of liability insurance up to $1M which I believe Airbnb supplies to its hosts.  How do I access this insurance information so I can bring it with me to receive my permit?

21 Replies 21

Has anyone received proof of coverage from Airbnb? 

René23
Level 2
New York, NY

I am trying to get a "declaration page" now. I don't think it exists, as a previous poster noted. It may just be a marketing tool. I will keep you all updated.

René23
Level 2
New York, NY

They have "elevated my case" Let's see what happens.

Hi - did you ever get a document that fulfills the permit requirement?

@Jeremy777 I really don't think hosts can/should rely on Airbnb insurance. Especially for liability I would not sleep at night if it were not for our separate insurance policy being in pace.

Jeremy777
Level 1
Twentynine Palms, CA

Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0 !  I agree and it is my plan to eventually get the liability coverage separate from AirCover shortly before I actually start hosting,  but I was hoping to avoid paying for additional coverage right away as it’s taking several months to get permits approved in my city from what I’m hearing, plus I have a bit more landscaping to do.

Leanna49
Level 2
Auburn, WA

Also trying to obtain this for initial permitting.