Puerto Rico

Angel9
Level 1
New York, NY

Puerto Rico

Looking to connect with hosts in Puerto Rico.

Please hit me up.

Mainly want to connect with those more experienced who have gone through high/low seasons.

And how they manage to stay on top of the tides.

134 Replies 134
Corinne18
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hi there! This is my first time listing my place in PR.  What's the best way to handle the Room Tax in Airbnb?

Hi,
I add a 7% tax fee to my quote that's what the PR Tourism charges me.
Good luck
Yahaira1
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hi! I am new on this..... Tourism Company change the airbnb taxes to the guest? And whe I fill my monthly information I dont need to pay?

Hi Corinne, I happen to live in Dallas haha! Anyway I was just researching this. It looks like Airbnb can automatically collect and pay the required tax for you: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2326/occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-airbnb-in-puerto...

On a side note, there is evidently also a Hacienda Dept that collects an IVU tax, but supposedly if you register with the Tourism Department with an NAICS code of 721199 you will be exempted because you are only providing lodging, not food service, etc. I assume if Airbnb is paying the tax to the Tourism Dept. that they automatically register you this way.

Alex205
Level 2
Boca Raton, FL

Hi Angel,
Alex here w 2 properties in PR and hosting for the past 3.5 years.

Hey Alex, if you know any other hosts in Puerto Rico this would like to be part of a meetup, please let me know. 

God bless

Hi, I’m a host in Ceiba PR. New to this sure can learn from experience hosts

Hi Alex, recommend any Management companies here?

Puerto Rico Beach Rent is a full service property management company, specializing in managing and marketing Vacation Rental condos and villas in Puerto Rico

Thanks in advance

*sensitive information hidden*

Angel9
Level 1
New York, NY

Hello everyone, I'm looking to start an Airbnb Meetup in old San Juan Puerto Rico sometime during the beginning of next year. Looking to connect with other hosts on San Juan and other areas of PR. If anyone is interested in participating, please contact me at [email address removed] or my phone number [phone number removed]

Would love to meet

[email address removed].   Edna

Interested

Hi, I am interested in a meet up in Old San Juan. 

Thank you 

Evelyn 

@Evelyn83  Do you know of any meetups happening?