Purchase

Jenny1226
Level 1
Wichita, KS

Purchase

My reviews aren’t showing up on my site but on previous owners site. He wants to deactivate but I don’t want to lose my reviews! Help soon!

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm a little confused. Are the reviews your reviews, or the previous owners? @Jenny1226 

Airbnb, quite rightly doesn't allow reviews to be transferred from one owner to another , or the system would be open to abuse. Guests in part book on the basis of previous reviews and just because one owner is a great host, it doesn't mean the new owner will be. (not saying anything about you personally of course).

If this is the case you will need to set up your own listing and build up your own reviews.

However I can see you already have two listings on your profile, so not sure which property you are referring to?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jenny1226  I don't quite understand, either. The previous owner should have delisted the property when they sold it to you. The only way that reviews for the property from guests you have hosted could appear on his account is if those guests booked through his account and he turned over those bookings to you when the place became yours. If that's what happened, you did it wrong, and there is nothing you can do now about getting those reviews on your account. 

What should have happened was that when the previous owner sold the property, he should have gotten in touch with all the already booked guests, explained that there was a new owner/host, and asked if they wanted to keep the booking, or cancel with full refund. If they still wanted to keep the booking, then it would have been a matter of Airbnb facilitating getting those bookings transferred to your new listing and removing them from the listing that was being deactivated. 

The previous owner needs to deactivate that listing ASAP or you are just going to have more problems.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jenny1226 As far as I can see John's listing has its dates blocked going forward and your listing (for the same place) has dates available. I have no idea how you have managed to get two identical properties listed under your profile. Are you the co-host of John's listing which now claims to be Jenny's place?

At the end of the day the transfer of business from John to you seems to have gone as well as can be expected given the rules of Airbnb don't strictly allow what you have achieved. You will probably be better off now with one listing that you have full control over as you build up your reviews.