Push Notifications and Text Messages for reservation requests and messages from travelers and hosts

Joa1
Level 10
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Push Notifications and Text Messages for reservation requests and messages from travelers and hosts

I stopped receiving push notifications and text messages for reservation requests and messages sent from travelers and hosts.  I checked my account, and all the correct boxes are checked to receive both forms of notifications.  What can I do to start receiving them again.  It is very problematic for me as a host not to receive any other notification of a reservation request other than an email.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Joa1 You must get to Airbnb technical support directly. The site sends notifications via text messages, most other hosts do receive them. Or maybe your mobile operator is having problems.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Joa1
Level 10
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

@Marzena4 I contacted Airbnb support through Twitter, and here is the reply I received.

Thanks for writing in Joa! At this time, those services have been deactivated with the newest update applied. Our Product Team is always working towards improving the site and our users voice has been influential to development. We've taken note of this and we'll share it with our Product Team. Stay tuned for updates!

Unfortunately, it isn't just me who is affected.  I really thought this was a good service to offer.  It helped me to respond quickly to reservation requests and other messages.

@Joa1 So then it means that you, and possibly others, are already 'updated.' I am not yet because earlier today I received text notifications when my guest messaged me. 

But if that new idea is to stay, I can't imagine hosting with IB on. Good luck Airbnb... Improvement indeed.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

I no longer recieve text messages either. It's lame.

I love to respond in the first minute someone asks about my rental! 

Gabriele196
Level 3
Portland, OR

I've been hosting for over a year and a week ago the Airbnb text notifications for new bookings and alterations have stopped. I also have a co-host who has a different phone number and different phone provider. He is also no longer receiving the text notifications. I checked my profile and made sure all of the boxes for "text messages" were checked. I even deleted my phone information and re-entered it.  I got an Airbnb text message phone verification requests, which means my phone number is registered and I can receive text messages. Again, no guest text messages. I deleted my co-host and re-installled my co-host. Still no text messages about bookings coming through. This is really bad as I can't check my emails every 5 minutes. What is the problem?

Anna2066
Level 2
Augusta, GA

I am no longer receiving text message alerts for bookings, inquiries or messages from guests. I have contacted airbnb support three different times concerning this problem. They tell me that my settings on their end are correct. My phone settings are also correct. Is anyone else having this problem currently?