Put reviews back in chronological order!

Kumari3
Level 7
Melbourne, Australia

Put reviews back in chronological order!

Guests and hosts rely on being able to see THE MOST RECENT REVIEWS easily. This means they need to be posted in chronological order. What bizarre and ridiculous illogical decision making has enabled them to be displayed differently, based in the country of the guest?

As a guest, my decision to select a listing is based on the most current and recent reviews of that place.

As a host, I want my potential guests to see that my home has been booked recently....not be presented with reviews from 6 months ago because most of my bookings are from many and varied overseas visitors! My listing looks stagnant and not popular because the reviews are not posted in chronological order. 

BRING BACK CHRONOLOGICAL REVIEWS!!! Please.

4 Replies 4

@Kumari3 you are the latest member of a very large and quickly growing club.

It is called the "Please put the reviews back in chronoligical order as God intended club"

You are member 1,745,245. (Just kidding. It is probably much higher.)

This specific discussion board is not directly monitored by AirBnB.

To be slightly more effective, post your request / demand to the "Host Voice" section.

And I agree with you. So do the other 1,745,356 members of the club.

(Look! The number went up just as I was typing!)

Lis25
Level 1
Ilmington, United Kingdom

I absolutely agree with everyone who wants reviews in chronological order. It’s crazy that a guest can’t see how the property and hosting standards are faring now (rather than last year)! Plus, what’s the point in adding local tips as a reviewer if they’re going to be out of date by the time they surface? Maddening. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

I am pleased they show up in star rating with 5 star ratings showing up first as I recently had several guests who have English as there second language who were very challenging to host who I went out of my way to accommodate.

One can search ratings in various orders as per the search box at the top of Reviews.

Leave it be and encourage education of how to navigate through Airbnb and it's Terms of Service.

Ditto how to abide with Terms of Service with guests and hosts alike.

All the best

Mandrake-And-Karen0
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

I am a new cheerleader to the "Placing Reviews in Chronological Order Club."

Also, I am becoming a staunch advocate of moving to a new site entirely where we don't have to deal with this nonsense.  We own the product- housing! Without it Airbnb is just a scheduling and payment software company!!!

Back story-

We had Canadian guests recently stay for 6 weeks, through June 23rd,  who had a glowing review that reflected their experiences.  It mirrored our 43 other guest reviews.  Airbnb chose to put their review downwards toward the oldest reviews, (on the 2nd to last page of reviews)! Meanwhile a US review from a couple who stayed at our rental, FOR SIX DAYS in April, (yep, that's right.  They stayed here TWO MONTHS ago!)

I generously gave them 5 stars, although their local-residing son, (not a guest), drove a very-loud-engine- roaring jeep, into and out of our neighborhood every time he visited them!  Also, our guests  had visitors coming and going,l sleeping over and when they check out they "misplaced" my high quality knives! They gave us a 4 star mixed review but as you Superhosts know the bad parts of a review is what sticks with potential guests and since that time we have not had any new guests booking with us! We have not ever had a dry spell for this length in the over 2.5 years we've been superhosts.

I have an idea, instead of arguing with Airbnb to change how they do what they do why not join us in a mass exodus?! We are looking at other sites such as 2nd Address, among others.  Does anyone list with them or heard of them before? Also, we developed our own web site and I do marketing in the community to score leads and referrals.  

Feedback on 2nd address or other marketing sites would be welcomed.  Does any of you have any positive experiences with this one or others?  Thanks so much for sharing!! Karen