Qualifications for super host

Teri60
Level 1
Redwood City, CA

Qualifications for super host

My husband and I host  a lot of people in town for business     I’ve maintained a super host status but now because I have one review short before the cut off,   I have lost my status until the next review period.  All of our reviews are fabulous and we met all the qualifications.  Our last guest posted his review one day after the cut off and it was five stars as are most of our reviews. When I questioned this, I was told no exception would be made.   This system of evaluating exceptional hosts is flawed.  It puts us in the situation of pressuring guests to leave reviews or we will be penalized.  Thoughts please ....

1 Reply 1
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Only reviews for stays that occur and are completed during the evaluation period, which ended on September 30th, are considered for that quarter's Superhost calculation. If your guest wrote a review that was submitted after October 14th, then their check out date must have been after October 1st.

I am not going to argue about flaws or pressure. I think almost everyone agrees that both of these attributes are words that fit the current review system. However, the rules are quite clear so I am not surprised that you were unable to persuade a member of the CS team to alter the computer-generated assessment.