REVIEWS GUEST

Barry158
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

REVIEWS GUEST

I am very frustrated with airbnb. A guest showed up stayed for 3 hours and then called me to say apartment is not clean. She was all angry so I offered her a full refund or someone to come clean whatever she claimed was dirty. She took the refund and left. saw her smoking on outdoor camera which is not allowed...ect. The apartment was totally clean and I have only had good reviews for past 2 years. It was her first time staying in a airbnb. She left me a 1 star review a totally screwed up my listing.....Airbnb ignores the whole issue and sides with the guest. Should I quit hosting on airbnb???? I am very upset. worked really hard to have positive reviews and impress my guest......

33 Replies 33
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

I would respond to the review with something like the following:

"We are so sorry this guest didn't enjoy her stay. Though she accepted a credit and extra cleaning and we did everything possible to make this right for her, she broke house rules by smoking and reviewed us poorly. We work very hard to make our guests as comfortable as possible but this was sadly not a fit for us. We hope that other guests will contact us with any concerns they may have after seeing this review and will continue to strive for excellence in all of our stays."

Remember that your responses are for OTHER guests and not this one. Some put a lot of effort into complaining to get freebies. 

Good point, Thank you!

Fredrick, MD!!! Right near us. Nice listing, would love to book your place for a night!

@Barry158 any time! Send me a message 🙂

such a smart response!