RV Hosting

Mike331
Level 2
Nashville, TN

RV Hosting

Does anyone have experience hosting an RV and what happens if the renter damages the RV? What happens if something else happens to the RV while being rented such as vandalism? Does Airbnb take care of these situations financially?

25 Replies 25

How has the camper hosting going compared to the tiny house?  Do you prefer one over the other and why?  Thank you.

They are both about the same as far as the type of guest we get but guest have been a bit rougher on the tiny house am happy I was about to buy at at such a cheap price that the maintance is no big deal 

@Denise228  I host in a vintage trailer in Ramona, CA in the hills above San Diego. 

Mason5
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Has anyone heard of Outdoorsy? Marketplace for renting RVs, trailers, camper vans, [link hidden]

Yes. I like others better. 

Yes. We don't get too many hits from Outdoorsy in Orlando. I think they don't have a good marketing focus in this area. We rent a lot on RVshare. 

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

You should check local code. In Seattle you can not use an RV or boat as a STR since it is not a habitable structure by building code 😞

Once the city starts requiring registration of STR next year, it will be illegal. 

Mary933
Level 2
Orlando, FL

We have been renting for 2 years now. All of our guests have taken excellent care of the RV. Maybe a few dishes and one spill that I know of but otherwise no damage of any kind. We have been very pleased with our little family RV business. 

Hi. I saw your post about the Rv. I am looking to buy one and place it at my lot to rent it on site. We have a nice lot and a pool that I think is a plus for the renters. Is there any ordenace by orange county that you know that prevent us from renting? Thank you for your time.

Mike151
Level 1
Madison, WI

How does insurance work for your RV listed on Airbnb? 

Tetiana12
Level 2
Stryi, Ukraine

I personally don't have experience with RV hosting. But you can try to find all the info on RV rental rules here  https://travelsites.com/rv-rental/