RV Hosting

Mike331
Level 2
Nashville, TN

RV Hosting

Does anyone have experience hosting an RV and what happens if the renter damages the RV? What happens if something else happens to the RV while being rented such as vandalism? Does Airbnb take care of these situations financially?

25 Replies 25
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Mike331  Are you wanting to host a listing that is an RV?  Is the RV stationary or are you renting it to be driven?  You ask about vandalism.  Are you thinking of damage caused to the RV intentionally?  Any damage caused by a guest is subject to a claim for the security deposit or for the Host Protection.  You can find out more about these two options in the Help Center but there is a lot of discussion in this host forum about being disappointed by the results of claims.

Fabs0
Level 4
United States

I rent my RV on Airbnb and I have to say the RV guest are some of the best they give great reviews and are low maintainance 

What was your initial approach? Did you seek out RV Parks or do you have your own piece of property?

The guests find their own campsite. We only deliver and pick up. 

Hi Mary, 

I am considering buying an RV or Airstream to list on Airbnb, I don't own property. I live in Los Angeles, which is a popular tourist destination. However, I am running into the problem of where to park the RV. I read your comment that you deliver and pick up, that would solve my problem of parking, everything in LA is so expensive to rent, parking space and housing. I wonder how that is going for you and if you would recommend it? Thank you for your help.

My husband and I have been talking about this. How do you advertise? Airbnb?  I want them to pick campground and book and we deliver. 

I have a vintage trailer on Airbnb. It is parked at a winery and I pay rent for nights when it is booked. Set-up is a pain, so I prefer to keep it in one spot with few exceptions. Good luck!

We are considering renting our motorhome out on our property next year.  We have full hook up and lots of space.  Do you think it will work?

I have 2 nice RV's in the Orlando, FL area that we deliver and set up. We frequent Disney. I do well on another RV site but receive very little on the Airbnb site. Any thoughts? Is it too hard to find under unique places? 

Hi Mary, I listed my RV on Airbnb and cannot see a definitive answer if AirCover will cover the liability, damage, etc of a guest renting my RV. Do you mind sharing your thoughts and experiences?

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Following this thread bc currently considering adding an airstream to our other listing

Denise228
Level 2
Victorville, CA

Hi...I'm from California and wanted to know if anyone is doing RV hosting in this state, I was hoping to do this along the coast in Ventura or LA CountyThanks, Denise

IF ANYONE HAS DONE RV HOSTING PLEASE KET ME KNOW WHERE YOUR RV IS LOCATED

Thanks, Denise

http://abnb.me/EVmg/b2EJ71IL3D

This is our listing in miami it is a 14 foot camper  we also have a tiny house on wheels that we host as well we are in miami 

How do you deal with utilities for RV. Water/electricity. Do you constantly keep them hooked up? Or only recharge after a guest leave?