RV Insurance

Nick32
Level 1
California, United States

RV Insurance

I'm listing an RV.  I've seen other sites that include specific coverage for Liability and Physical Damage.  Does Air BNB offer coverage for the rental of RV's?  If so, what is the coverage and where can I find it?

13 Replies 13
Chris369
Level 1
Portland, OR

I'm wondering the same thing, I have a number of reservations on my listing and I'm not sure what I need to do for auto insurance

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

According to the Airbnb standards "You should not provide spaces [...] that are not [...] stationary (e.g. moving boats)".

So I wonder why Airbnb should support moving RV's.

Nothing against a static boat or RV.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Never rely on Airbnb's "insurance" policy as it is riddled with loopholes and I've yet to hear a positive story from hosts trying to make a claim to it.  Plus, it only acts as a secondary insurance.  Best to always have your own insurance in place.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There is limited liability Insurance, but that does not cover Auto risks and then the Host Guarantee.

Certainly renting out a RV you wpuld need appropriate Auto Insurance. No different fprm any other Suto Rentsl risk, well you could not assume the Guest has Insurance.

As has been intimated to what extent you can rely on anything provided by AirBnB is debateable, safest to assume it does not exist.

David
Mason5
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

I've heard that [link hidden] offers $1M liability and $250k comprehensive and collision for listing and renting RVs, trailers, camper vans. 

Mason who does? Airbnb hid your link. Thank you! 

@Julia-And-Charlie0

Google renting out a campervan and a list of sites will pop up, outdoorsy being one of them.

Bonifacio3
Level 1
Discovery Bay, CA

Was there any solution to this question? I would like to know if my travel trailer is insured while someone is towing it

@Bonifacio3

Ask your Insurance Broker.

David

I have National General and they only cover it when I drive it and when i store it. But not when its rented out. Other platforms like RVshare and Outdoorsy provide insurance when it is rented out (including transportation of the unit and road side assistance). 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Bonifacio3

Your trailer is not insured when towing, airbnb will only cover stationary accommodation.

Boats, Trailers, Motorhomes, RVs and caravans have to be disabled so they cannot be moved.

I would certainly not rely on AirBnb to cover anything, think of it as a bonus if you get anything at all.

David
Chelsey54
Level 1
Moab, UT

Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative insurance covering others towing and renting your camper?  That I not affiliated to another site (like outdoorsy etc)