Rating not posted in July 2019

Diane749
Level 2
Saskatoon, Canada

Rating not posted in July 2019

My issue is ratings that began last month July 23/2019.  I had a guest leave a rating of 5 star rating, they will not update my listing. I was advised through Air BNB updates would be posted at  end of July 2019.  Nothing to date August 24,2019.

I have a series of emails and messaging with Customer Support they have never updated my guests rating to my profile. Anyone know whom deals with this the CSR's have been more than helpful in confirming it will update in "due time" but still no resolution to the outstanding rating. When I ask for a definition of "due time" nothing, they cannot provide a time frame.  Anyone else have these problems with Air BNB lately?

25 Replies 25

Yes that is what I was told.  Everything in dealing with Air BNB this summer in booking has been incredibly poor for customer service and then the latest scandal is a guest is in my home currently.  Air BNB cancelled the reservation after they checked in.  Citing no payment and now won't get back to me.  It is brutal.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Diane749, your guest did not leave you a review. They may have started the process but they did not finish it so their review was not submitted.

Review and/or ratings are not published monthly. They will appear on your profile instantly after both parties have left a review OR the review/rating will appear 14 days after checkout if only one party leaves a review. 

Well Air BNB advised me three times that a review is left on file just not published, in due time! The purpose of my post was to see if anyone else is receiving this poor customer service?

I say rating, not review, that is what was told to me by Air BNB three times.

@Diane749 It is the same. The ratings are tied to the review. No review written - no ratings.

The system simply doesn't work how you think it does. There is no due-time. Only the 14 days - review period. If you haven't received a review 14 days after check-out you won't receive a review or ratings ever. 

@Diane749 how did you even know your guest had left you a 5 star rating but no written review? Usually a notification is sent when a guest has left a review. Otherwise we don't receive anything. 

I called in because of the guest after that booking. And it was Air BNB that offered that information.  Your right I agree with everything you are saying but something not adding up.

@Diane749 Those CS people must have been smoking something 🙂

It also seems weird that they are telling you about a 5 star rating when it is suppose to be a blind rating system. You are not suppose to know until you have left a review yourself.

So they shouldn't be telling you anything about how many stars your guest gave you.

Did you leave your guest a review? 

No I didn't leave review I missed the window.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Diane749 If the 14 days of review period is over and you haven't received the review then you won't receive anything as the ratings are a part of the review.

I have never heard of glitches like that and if a glitch appear it is talked about in this community straight ahead. Reviews and ratings are never separated and a guest cannot leave ratings without leaving a review. What those CS people told you doesn't make sense. 

Thanks for your time, you're right it doesn't make sense, maybe just not trained well enough.  It's tough because we give our homes to strangers working on a trust community, its the basis of the company.  A tad disheartening. Thanks for your perspective!