Ratings Display Change

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Ratings Display Change

As many have noted, the overall rating is shown in the search results as a percentage. This started a few weeks ago. But today, a new interface has appeared. Your percentages for all sub-categories are now at the top of the reviews in addition to the overall percent. To start with, this is some really ugly css. I mean the stars weren't beautiful, but they at least had a bit of life.

Looking forward to hearing what folks think of this change.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 4.27.31 PM.png

49 Replies 49

@Sally44  but Airbnb likes to stress us to work harder .... until one day, in the near future, they realize all hosts are on Valium ...or beer ...or weed.... or all combined 😄 😄 😄

I am not sure how happy Airbnb guests will be hahaha

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Lol! Yeah, but then we'll all be so spaced/p*ssed/stoned, that we won't give a flying fig about the guests, their happiness or their pernickety ratings anyway... sounds rather blissful, actually.. 😉

Hiya just joined a few months ago and still getting used to the airbnb stuff. I work tirelessly to please my guests and they haven’t been too bad . Im getting 4.9 after nearly 3 months of hosting is that a good thing. Just wanted to ask other hosts and to become super host what do you actually need in stars ??? to achieve it finally. 

Hi @Nasidda0 🙂

You can see it on your dashboard under the progress tab. Press the superhost box. 

Best, Sandra 

Thanks l will try that as not too familiar with some aspects of airbnb.

By the way I have noticed some hosts have a level they on I’m at 2 at the moment do you go up in levels every 3 months etc . How is it based? Thanks 

@Nasidda0 The levels has nothing to do with hosting. It just means that those people have been active in this host/guest community. Commenting and getting likes from others are the factors that counts 🙂 

That makes clear sense and thanks again.

If you want to write to someone in particular you must tag them by pressing @ aand then the name so it gets green. Otherwise the person won't know that you wrote to them. @Nasidda0 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Branka-and-Silvia0  @Susan17 Guests would probably be really happy about such a state of affairs. "Yeah, sure, do whatever you want, I couldn't care less. Was that you or me who left the front door wide open all night? I really can't remember-last night's a total blur."

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Susan151This is how mine are showing, so think yourself lucky 😉

Screenshot (3).png

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Make it stop...

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

In my case it is just very clear how “location does not affect” the rating. Accuracy has 5. But location 4.7 and value 4.9. Obviously I have to do something with those who are not able to look at the map 👹

They really have to do something with their review system. Some time ago I got a message suggesting to include oven into amenities as soon as guests marked that it is present. What? Should I include all personal things that are in my house, they are visible, but not for guest use?! 

@Yulianna0 I got a similar message that guests had indicated that I had a coffee maker so did I want to include that in my amenities. Hell no, I don't want to disappoint guests.  I offer french press & stovetop bialetti but not a drip/filter/nespresso coffee machine that most guests would expect when they think of a coffee maker. I've also got a TV in the living room, but that is not listed as most of my guests stream stuff off their computer.

@Rachel177 , I find it not nice. They force guests to check everything that we have in our homes, not the amenities that are listed. Why not to ask them if the listed amenities were present? Yes or no. 

But after I had one guest that is working on developing of artificial intelligence and didn’t read the house rules, I have clear idea about all those questionnaires and improvements:)