Reaching my threshold of tolerance

Kitty39
Level 2
Ponchatoula, LA

Reaching my threshold of tolerance

2482EAC4-8121-42E5-AFE6-D12B2B3D1F2C.jpeg

F8530519-AB7D-423D-BB7F-5C9376762DB4.jpeg

Hi everyone 

I have been doing this thing for 3 years and lately I’m losing my patience with people 

second to last guests left such a mess. My beautiful place was contaminated with dog hair. 
No I did not charge an extra fee but since they had great reviews I never expected what I found.

it was a long term and I provided all cleaning supplies as well as Pet Swifters.

calling them in it they cited previous great reviews as if that should absolve them from any further bad reviews.

They did not leave me a review. 
Next guest with dogs we’re super picky with their complaints. There was stuff in the fridge. Yep! Water, Lime juice, beer, butter, saltine crackers, packets of condiments 

Really! And the refrigerator was dirty. It wasn’t! 
Go stay at Motel 6 with your annoying dogs

For $120 a night this is a beautiful new architect designed cottage with pool, beautiful appliances, washer/dryer, WiFi, 52 inch TV with everything and a pool!  I don’t want these idiots to come back! 
Thanks for listening 

changed my listing and now do not allow pets!

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kitty39 

"hanged my listing and now do not allow pets!"

Good decision !

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kitty39  why don't you charge a dog fee? It covers some extra cleaning if necessary.

I've heard so many horror stories with drunk and intoxicated guests, trash parties, robberies, flooded homes...  if dog's hair is the worst hosting experience you had till now then consider yourself very lucky.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Kitty39 I'm a pet-friendly host and I have hosted almost exclusively longer term stays (2 weeks plus) since Covid started. I leave cleaning supplies also, but I think this is just normal after a longer-term stay. No one is going to clean your space the way you do. And unless you specifically state that you require that the space be fully cleaned before departure, I wouldn't even really expect the guests to try. It might be a good idea to shorten up your booking window, because people can leave a big mess after longer stays - with or without pets. 

@Alexandra316  you are right, I had 5 nights booking last week, 2 guests without a dog and the amount of dust was the same like on this poctures. My place is in the city center, 1 floor, so dust is expected

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I started accepting pets 2 years ago (ish) and it opened up loads more opportunities in a different market and generally guests stay longer.  I charge £10 per night per pooch and average about £200 per month in Pooch cleaning fees.

Give me hairy dogs over sticky, jammy handed, glass smearing free stay ‘infants’ any day of the week. 

Charge, no one bats an eyelid.