Read Receipts on app messages

Linda505
Level 4
Ballarat, Australia

Read Receipts on app messages

I feel being able to tell if the guest has read a message that you have sent them would be an amazing tool. A lot of chat apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger have this feature and it does come in handy.

A lot of guests just won't respond to messages that I send so I can never be sure that they are even reading them. Also on the other side, it would be handy for a guest to tell if the host has read a message, as a lot of their messages are quite time sensitive.

5 Replies 5

I agree wholeheartedly.  It is very worrying when there are pending reservations for overlapping dates.  I am also finding the mobile app not very reliable.

I have this same issue! It's a huge must that my guest communicate with me. So if I get a gyest who doesn't respond, I start calling & texting. However the issue is usually technology related or lack of understanding the Airbnb program. Many guest have been stressed just to get the reservation & then once they get it, they never look at the site again for vital info from the host ...

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

I agree. This would be a big help!

Arrianna-And-Graeme0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Yup, I agree.  We send our guests access instructions that include photos and still people get confused and then tell us they didn't see the instructions.  It would be great to be able to remind guests to open the instructions before heading our way if I could see that they have not read them.

Elizabeth1257
Level 2
Grand Rapids, MI

I agree! The cottage we rent out is in a rual area and I would really like to see if the guest has at least read the insturctions or if I need to reach out in another form of communication. I try to keep all conversation through the AirBnB site like it suggests but some guests have a hard time understanding that need.