Ready to host but can't find a flexible cleaner for changeover days

Elizabeth1987
Level 1
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Ready to host but can't find a flexible cleaner for changeover days

Hi

I'm ready to start hosting my entire home on Airbnb but am really struggling to find a cleaner or cleaning company who is flexible with the day of the changeover date.

I'm not nearby, don't have time to do the cleaning myself and have no neighbours I can ask.

How do you hosts manage?!

P.s. my home is in central Cambridge, any recommendations really appreciated

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Is turnoverbnb available in your area? How about just looking up local cleaning services? You may have to spend time training then to exactly what you expect. Maybe Ask with neighbors or even leverage your network to see what ideas people have locally.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Elizabeth1987,

I recommend that you interview cleaners through a service listing site (one is called Angie's List in the US), and choose a few to service your place so that you will have a back up just in case one isn't available during the date needed.

@Elizabeth1987 it doesn't sound quite accurate yet to say that you are "ready" to start hosting this particular property. Cleaning is only one of the functions that are best handled by someone who can physically attend to the space. If it's too far for you to travel every time a guest has an issue that can't be fixed over the phone, or to inspect the quality of a new cleaner's work, you'd probably benefit more from having a locally-based co-host than a mere cleaning service. Two in one is the most economical option.