Receiving threats from a previous guest following a bad review

Receiving threats from a previous guest following a bad review

I have just received a guest's threats about coming down and sorting it out man to man. Just because he didn't like my review which concerned a filthy appartment on his departure. Dog had eaten and slept on the bed, sofa and sheets aswell as having left all their old food and washingup in the fridge.

Should I report it to airbnb?

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Yes

And probably the Police.

David
MariaLuiza4
Level 3
Sao Paulo, Brazil

I am going through a similar situation. I wrote a bad review for a family who left the apartment in awful conditions (not just the superficial mess that guests usually leave, but the entire kitchen cabinets were messy and dirty inside, which consumes way more time to clean and organise it back). They were demanding during their stay and did not reciprocate their demands. I wrote a review about it and now the guy is sending me inbox messages saying that I lied, that I have a characer flaw, etc. I have been ignoring him, but I am afraid that if he continues to do so, I'll have to report him to Airbnb and the police!

I would actually like to know about other hosts that have been through situations as such.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @MariaLuiza4 ,

As @Huma0 rightly suggested, please contact Customer support as soon as you are able. Here's a link that can help you with that: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/contact-us/topic

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mike70 Report any threatening messages straight away! If the guest is communicating with you via the Airbnb message thread, customer services have the ability to see this. Otherwise, send them screenshots of any threatening messages you got via text, WhatsApp etc. They should block him from the platform.

MariaLuiza4
Level 3
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Thank you @Stephanie and @Huma0 .
I have reported the guest to Airbnb and have also blocked him as consequence. The support lady that helped me even insisted that I request payment for broken items they left. I was going to let it go because they were not particularly expensive items, but after this terrible experience I feel that I should at least not suffer further debt.

Thanks for caring and taking the time to answer me!