Recent guest experience

Darja0
Level 2
Denver, CO

Recent guest experience

I have had mostly great experiences with my guests, but I can't figure out what to make of the guests who just checked out. They stayed for 4 days and were fine, but a few thinks irked me. They brought birds with them (they told me they were bringing a dog, I'm not sure why they didn't tell me about the birds as well?) that were very noisy. They adjusted my hot water heater and I only found out by burning myself with the scalding hot water. I texted them and asked if they adjusted it and they just responded "yes." They clogged the toilet past the point of plunging (I paid $95 to have it snaked) and didn't apologize or offer to pay. In fact, I wasn't home when it happened, but they told my room mate  5 minutes after it happened, "if you don't fix it we can't stay here." I'm not sure if it was said in a rude tone or not. I really hate to give negative reviews, and they weren't "troublemakers" or anything like that. They were always fine when talking in person, but over text they seemed short/rude. But that could be me misinterpreting their tone over text, too. Not sure how to handle this one. Also wondering who is ultimately responsible for the cost of fixing the toilet? I don't have a security deposit requirement on my account. Thanks in advance for your advice 🙂 

3 Replies 3
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Aside from the birds which is really rude the rest is part of doing business

Kelly3
Level 10
Seoul, South Korea

I would leave an honest review as they lied to you about the bird. 

About the hot water, maybe do mention in your house manual that they shouldn't touch it?

Also, I would suggest you to get a snake tool and learn how to use it. People don't use Airbnb places as their own home.....

Erica5
Level 2
New York, NY

I would be 100% honest in the review as you have been in here, because other future hosts need this info. I would also charge them for the professional unclogging fee. It's not normal that people would flush things that don't actually flush. It's completely rude.