Any recommendations for wrinkle-free sheets?

Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Any recommendations for wrinkle-free sheets?

I have been using white cotton sheets-- nothing crazy-- a good threadcount, egyption cotton, soft, bought on sale. I bleach away any stains. I've had guests mention how much they like them and I iron them for every guest.

But, ironing them is getting really tedious! And I know I've seen hosts mention wrinkle-free sheets on here before but can't find any recommendations when I search the forum.

Does anyone have white, wrinkle-free sheets that they swear by? Even better if they are available in the U.S. T

hanks!

24 Replies 24
Jordan-and-Melissa0
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

While I don't recommend 100% wrinkle free sheets due to the fact they are usually treated with chemicals, I can say the Parachute Home offers excellent sheets of top-notch quality. They are smooth, crisp, bright and incredibly cozy! 

I use regular Walmart sheets and don't iron them. When I make the bed they smooth out but are not professional laundry crisp. Have not gotten any complaints but if I did, I would just say that ironing/finishing is not a service that is offered. 

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Lyndsey2  I ironed my cotton sheets when I started doing bed and breakfast, but it took so long that I gave up.  Like @Scott80 if anyone complained they weren't ironed, I would say that I would have to charge more.

To get the best results, I wash and spin on a slow speed, dry them on the line in the wind, fold and smooth carefully.  When I make the bed I spray a fine mist of water on the sheets (a great tip I got from someone in the CC) and just keep smoothing my hands across the duvet covers and pillow-cases.  This is best done the day before.  The result isn't the shine that ironing gives, but they're certainly wrinkle-free and look great.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That is a super tip @Julia66 thanks for sharing that on. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Laundering: Remove from dryer as soon as they are done and fold them. Youd be amazed at how fast sheets wrinkle just sitting in the dryer.

Purchasing: I used to be a stickler for 100% cotton sheets, but they wrinkle so easily and are a bit stiff. Now I look for 100% cotton with a sateen strip as this weave type doesnt seem to wrinkle as easily and its a bit heavier and silkier or I look for sheets with a small amount of poly, cotton-blend. I don't do jersey cotton as it feels too cheap.  Ebay is a great resource for sheet sets, but you have to read all of the comments and the label very carefully.

Realistically: You're gonna burn yourself out ironing sheets by hand. Hotels stick em through a HUGE machine straight from the washer and they are dried and folded instantly in about 30 seconds. I can't say Ive ever had a guest complain that my sheets aren't ironed enough. lol

Do you recommend any certain brands that are cotton with the sateen stripe that you mentioned?

Jess21
Level 10
Austin, TX

Keep your sheets, just dry on low and take them out immediately. I had horrible wrinkles drying on high heat. Now, almost none. Also I don't fold down the bed any longer so the sheets are completely concerned with the summer quilt. No "crisp" look needed! 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lyndsey2

any sheet made of polyester/cotton 50:50 will be fine, easy to wash, no ironing and If they are thin (as upper sheet) it will dry quickly.

If you want cotton sheets only, than buy those with elastic corners, but then you have to lift up all 4 corners of your mattrasses every time you change sheets and it is havy work for single woman or if you have any medical condition (bad back, rheuma, arthritiss..)

Jersey sheets are heavy, take more space in washer and dryer and need more time to dry. They don't last long. 

But, if you would like to keep your sheets for a while you can make a bed and then iron your sheet on the mattrass

Call me crazy but I love ironing sheets.  I have my winter set of flannel sheets from Costco they are the awesome.  I've also got the 60/40 cotton/polyester blend sheets they are also good but still love the 100% cotton.  I iron the sheets pillowcase Everything except the duvet I'm an old school army guy so call me crazy... by the way I also have lavender spray... the best... 

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

when i am around i iron all my sheets as well duvet cover single **bleep** and pillows cases th only thing i dont iron is a fitted sheet

I got myself a big steam iron with large iron table and iron in regular bases after all linen brough from laundry

but when i am away my helper do not iron as it is time consuming and cost lot of money 

I buy lot of Ikea bed linen and for the longer stay guests i provide more expensive linen cotton + satteen Morgan and Fintch but i always make sure those are iron and store even while i am away

Sarah706
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

I use cotton sheets, too, because they launder well and are easier to get stains out. I find any polyester blend traps heat and I think they look cheaper in quality. I triple sheet my beds and to get it absolutely wrinkle free, I put my sheets on the bed slightly damp. Works like a charm! You can read more about how to here, https://airbnbhostshop.com/blogs/hosting-tips-and-tricks-for-short-term-rentals/19-top-tips-for-fast...

What brand do you buy? I need some that are bleachable as well. 

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

When I grew up, there was no permanent press materials yet.. all sheets had to be ironed. Never again. I find the dryer works just fine for getting out wrinkles. I've never had a complaint about wrinkles, nor do I expect any. 

It would be great if your iron board cover is nonstick as it would keep your clothes in a good condition. Covers need to be smooth enough so that the clothes can be ironed easily. The best covers for the boards are the Teflon coated cotton covers.