Redaction in my ACCEPTANCE Message

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Redaction in my ACCEPTANCE Message

Tonight I got a new booking.  I accepted it and sent a message to my new guest.  This is what the guest received:

Lorna170_1-1646184196060.png

COME ON!  Hiding the dates that the person booked because the bot thinks that it is a phone number?  GIVE ME A BREAK!  AirBnB, you are making hosts look like idiots.

@Catherine-Powell 

7 Replies 7
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Lorna170 "Phone number hidden by Airbnb."

Airbnb are making Airbnb look like idiots. 

Ridiculous.

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Lorna170   Hi Lorna.  Yes I know this problem. I have tried to sometimes send my guests important information, only to have it blocked by the Bot, thinking it was a phone number.  Twice they have even blocked their own site while I have been trying to show our second room.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

I used to have problems with the bot blocking the four digit door code that I'd send to guests, but now I send that info directly to them via Whatsapp, text or email.  I've also had digit formatted dates obfuscated. 

Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

Hello @Lorna170 ,

Maybe you could use the fonction "fast response"  that allows you to write a lot of response using codes. I use it and find it efficient. In your exemple the code would be "date of stay" I guess. And with this fast response, you can read it before sending it, in case you need to add something in particular.

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)
Enri1804
Level 10
North Topsail Beach, NC

@Lorna170 Oh no. This reminds me of what a guest sent me recently. Their message to me read ( blocked phone number ) when they were asking a question about price I believe. I trusted that AirBnB was blocking someone trying to scam me. Not good. Not helpful to renters or hosts. I certainly hope a AirBnB jumps in and solves this problem asap. 

Hi @Lorna170,

That definitely looks like an error! Personal details are hidden automatically by our system to protect our community, but it looks there was an issue here. I have shared this with the product team to see what happened.

Thank you,

Catherine

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Lorna170_0-1646678740199.png