Redecorating during lockdown

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Redecorating during lockdown

Liv_0-1588852294427.png

Hi everyone,

Since we’re all spending a lot of time at home, this seems to me like the perfect opportunity to be thinking of a decor update.

I thought it would be interesting if we could explore easy tips and tricks on how to make the most of this time by redecorating. 

Here are some ideas that I think could be fun and helpful to get the creative juices flowing:

Rearrange furniture - simply changing a room layout could be a great way of giving the space a fresh feel.

Change door handles - whether it’s the front door or the kitchen cabinets, adding new handles could make things look more interesting.

Paint - there are so many things that could be changed by a simple repainting project: doors, chairs, fences, cabinets and even staircases.

Apply wallpaper - much like painting, picking a fun wallpaper could make a room look a lot brighter and more inviting.

Repurpose objects (Upcycling) - An old stool that’s no longer in use could make a great bedside table. A wine rack could also be used as bathroom storage for towels and other small items.

Do you have any tips or ideas to share with the Community? Have you completed any cool DIY projects lately that you would like to tell us about? 

Feel free to contribute, I would love to know what you’ve been up to 🙂

Thanks,

Liv

91 Replies 91
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What a coincidence, was only last weekend hubby changed the handles @Liv .

96358960_10163415125760548_5653617094135119872_o.jpg

Bonus picture of my new mirror: 

95730088_10163415125900548_3754932281593036800_o.jpg

Looking forward to others inspirations.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Looking good, @Stephanie! Keep them coming, guys 🙂

oh @Stephanie who's the Wise Owl in the mirror ??

Did you make the owl yourself?

How's your baby room looking?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

😮 @Helen427 - where are you seeing an owl? The top corner is a very shocked looking cat haha!

10133612a_m.jpg

It's a bit tough preparing for baby as most shops are sold out of new born items and it's just not the same buying things online without seeing them in real life first. We have a moses basket, pram and other bits - have to wait until lockdown is over to get the cot from my brother in laws. Officially 30 weeks preggo today!!

-----

okem dokem @Stephanie 

Baby will love the cat to play with.

So long as one has the basics for baby & mum & dad sharing duties everything will be fine.

Do you have any charity type shops nearby? Or are they currently closed like ours have been?

It's amazing what one find in those places & support a cause.

How's @Lizzie , @Liv @Nick @Anna @Sergi  & crew knitting & sewing ticking along for baby @Stephanie ?

I see the hooter your talking about Helen, it took me a second!!!

@Helen427 the mirror is a citation from the famous arnolfini couple painting by jan van eyck 😉

Yay for lever doorknobs- a boon for anyone with an armload of anything -including a baby! And what a cool looking one with a beautiful patina Sally

Yes! You could also advertise this feature for arthritic guests. Lever handles are so much easier when you can't hold a knob.

@Stephanie , Im a big fan of handles instead of knobs, they make getting around so much nicer and the mirror looks great, they can really brighten up a space! good going!  Stay well, JR

@Sally221

@Melodie-And-John0 @Liv

@Mike-And-Helen0 @Tatjana6 @Stanley124 @Stephanie 

They type of Door handles, along with tap fittings, can make a huge difference for those who have arthritis, hand injuries 🤚 .

Cushion covers are a simple thing to make & change for a different look.

It's nice to have a seaside/ beach theme however in winter time to chill out with & dream of a summer holiday if one doesn't have a beach nearby or perhaps animals if one yearns for the countryside or flowers if one misses having a garden.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The only problem with the handles is the cat knows how to open them. At 3am you'll hear her pinging it, trying to get in! @Melodie-And-John0 

-----

@Stephanie , that's one of the reasons I don't have cats, they are too smart, too independent and devious.  Dogs do trix for treats, most realize that "The Owner" is the deliverer of all things good and they generally obey and are very forgiving of things like not having meat scraps to add to their dry food or running out of Pupperonis!   Cats have a swagger, cold stare and sense of entitlement that say's they really don't care what you tell them, they are gonna do what serves them best and dont forget anything cause you will pay for it somehow.  Im not against cats, they just have way too many human traits that make you wonder who's in charge of the zoo we call home.   Ha ha, stay well, JR

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Having grown up with 2 dogs and 2 cats in one household @Melodie-And-John0 , you get 2 agendas. The cats will sometimes help the dogs steal food but sometimes the dogs will try and suck up to the family by telling the cats off. 

When it was just my old boy, over the last few years, and the cat they were well-behaved... ish. In fairness to the cat though, the dog couldn't hear much mischief to report back!

-----