Reference

Simone384
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

Reference

Hi!

I have a question according to references.. I have the problem that I had horrible guests, they used my room mate's scarf and a towel without asking! Then they parked their car in the city and gave me the fault that I didn't tell them that they need to pay to park there. Which is to be honest not my guilt! They didn't ask me about it, we didn't even talk about it! but I heard that they complained a lot about it.

So I guess they gave me a bad reference. I would really like to write a reference about them, cos I thought their behaviour was horrible and other Airbnb hosts should know about it but  I don't want to destroy my good rating. So what can you do in this case?

Thanks for your help in advance! 🙂

Simone

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The obvious thing to do is leave an honest, factual review.

What did you do when you found out they used your flatmate's possessions?

Ignore the parking issues. It's not relevant to their stay.

As you know both reviews are left blind, so they will not be able to see what you say before they write their own review.

(Hope you bought your flatmate and new scarf and towel to apologise for your guests behaviour).

Hey Helen! Thanks for your reply! They already wrote a reference and I am just a bit scared that they didn't rated my flat high because they were annoyed about the parking 😕 and that I told them not to use towels of us. So I am wondering is there any chance, you write a review without destroying your own rating? Or can you email airbnb about it. Or can you generally contact them. Cos I didn't see any mail address on the website so far.

Thanks a lot! 

Simone

@Simone384  You have written reviews before, so I am not sure why you are confused.  Your question about "destroying" your rating is quite puzzling.  What are you wanting to contact Air BNB about?  Contact information is available on this site under Help.

Anyway, if you get a negative review from this guest, because you set boundaries about using towels and you can write a response to clarify the guest behavior.  Your review should reflect that the guest is not a good candidate for the shared home environment due to his lack of respect for the host boundaries and rules.  

What's that confusing.. I appreciate respectful replies 😉 I don't want only 3 stars and this DEFINITELY effects my rating ! Since I only got 5 stars so far!

David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

Leaving your guests an honest review will not affect your ratings at all.

Simone384
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

Yes, I will write them a review.. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Your guest cannot see your review until both reviews are written and published. If you don't write a review, the guest's review will be published 14 days after they checked out anyway. The guest will rate you however they want, whether you write a review or not.